Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mail delivery in HPP
I live on an unpaved road in HPP so USPS does not deliver.

But do they deliver to paved roads? I've noticed mailboxes outside people's homes on Makuu but never seen a USPS delivery van anywhere except at the locations where all the mailboxes are bunched together.

Mahalo
All of HPP is HCR (highway contract route) - rural gang mailbox routes that are contracted out to independent workers (not postal employees & not USPS delivery equipment). This is common throughout the US on rural routes that are not on public roads, or that are a vast distance from the Post Office.

Most completely private subdivisions are handled like this even on the mainland, the main difference is here you have these tremendously large, completely private subdivisions.

The mailboxes you see may just be for 'show', someone may have had one they shipped, or just for personnel correspondence that friends use when a gate is closed.

For more info on HCRs, search on the USPS.com site
Thanks Carey!
quote:
Originally posted by rbakker

I live on an unpaved road in HPP so USPS does not deliver.

But do they deliver to paved roads? I've noticed mailboxes outside people's homes on Makuu but never seen a USPS delivery van anywhere except at the locations where all the mailboxes are bunched together.

Mahalo

if you're talking about green boxes outside of homes, that is for local newspaper. I highly suggest getting a PO box in Keaau. At times messed up kids, or individuals will attack these silver boxes located on major roads in HPP. Why someone would trash these mail boxes is beyond me. But it happens from time to time.

-----------

Let's get together and over grow the government!!!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!