Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Insurance
I just got word about my car insurance going up with Liberty Mutual, who has offered me great rates in the past. Anyone have any experience with other insurers who offer decent rates?

Thanks!

Aloha,

Christina
I switched from Allstate to GEICO a couple of years ago after shopping extensively and comparing rates. GEICO was the lowest cost for my level of coverage and driving history.

Cheers,
Jerry
I also have GEICO. Been though an accident with them and had excellent service.
If you are 55 or maybe it's 50, you qualify for AARP - the Hartford. 1/2 of what I was paying w/ Allstate. My friend saved $1500 !!! when she switched from Geico.
We have Progressive and get a discount because we buy all of our insurance (car/house/liability) from one broker. The thing I really like about Progressive is they are the only company that also covers your pets for injury. Our auto insurance is 1/3 of what we paid with State Farm in CA.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
We had Allstate but also switched to GEICO. It was much cheaper.

Bill
As an Independent agent for over 25 years, I can tell you that the companies are constantly churning rates. They all get low at times to build their book of business, then will slowly raise them back up. They all get their turn in the "hot seat". Best strategy: Shop around every couple of renewals.
When I did my research, I checked out the AARP offerings and found that GEICO was much less expensive at the time. (AARP age qualifier is 50, BTW.) Weagant is quite right about the various companies churning rates and making up the difference later. In my case, though, GEICO has not increased my rates through three renewals now. I still do a few comparisons at renewal time and haven't found a better deal. I should note that neither the Bear nor I have had any accidents or tickets since the mid-1990's.

Cheers,
Jerry
Oh those '90's... they were so accident prone eh?

It is always good to comparison shop! And if you are also happy with their service, that is another thing. We get free towing and roadside service with our Progressive, which we have already used once here when Wes was stuck in a field in Honomu. So, we do not have to carry Auto Club Service, which is another $150 a year.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com