Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catching roosters
I have 3 young roosters who i cannot catch. I tried the cat trap from the humame society. Any other ideas? Aloha, Vicki

vickiboe@aol.com
vickiboe@aol.com
We caught wild roosters years ago on the property here. We followed them to see where they roost, then waited until dark. Once they roost in the trees, we shined a very bright flashlight right at the roosters head. They opened their eyes, were stunned and fell out of the trees to the ground. We grabbed each one (one at a time) and had our roosters. Smile

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
"Stunned and fell out of the trees: OMG that is so funny!!!!Thanks for giving me a good laugh today- Monique
ZZZZZZAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP!!

Royall

Unfortunately, they roost in a neighbors tree.

vickiboe@aol.com
vickiboe@aol.com
I wonder if that is why they call them roosters? Could you build an attractive little pyramidal house, coax them inside with a comely stuffed hen, and then lower the boom?
BB Gun...
box, stick, string, cracked corn, patience.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The question begs another; why do you want to catch the roosters?
Catching roosters is a piece of cake. I have wiped out the rooster population three times now in my area of Hawaiian Beaches. My trap works so well that people keep stealing them. I have a feeling that the person that steals them is in the cock fighting business, but I can't figure out why he need more than one trap. Rob's way works real good, but time consuming.

The Lack

The Lack

The Lack Toons