Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Christmas Parade
The Pahoa Christmas Parade is this Saturday at 10 am.

The main Pahoa road will be closed for the two hour event. This is a very popular holiday event and has been expanding over the years.

For any of you new to the area who have not had the pleasure of Santa riding by in an outrigger canoe stuffed with tropical flowers this is definitely your chance for a Christmas Card worthy photo.

Best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
The Pahoa Christmas parade is "da best" parade on the Island. The narrow confines of Main Street make it much more intimate than other venues.

Don't forget the Ho'olaulea following the Parade at Pahoa High School. Plenty of gifts, prizes, food and Island style entertainment.

End of commercial.

Stoneface
Rob and Greg,
The hubby and I would love to come down from Mt.View for the parade! Any suggestions on parking/arrival time?
Mahalo
My suggestion would be to arrive a hour early. Park at the Pahoa Community Center & Pool parking lot. Spend some time Christmas shopping with the local stores - Puna Style has some very nice things for example, and find an attractive spot to watch the parade. Bring a camera. Maybe an umbrella.

Punaweb moderator
Mainstreet is closed off at Jan's Barbershop (across from Paul's service station). I think it's best to park at the school or church and walk into Pahoa (1/4 mile at most). This way you can swing by the Ho'olaulea on the way out.

Personally, I try and stay away from the reviewing stand. The M/C has typically been loud and obnoxious(My only complaint). I would love to see someone more personable take the mike this year.

Stoneface
Thank you guys! I'm very excited for the parade. I just always get a little nervous about parking!Smile