Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos a shark expert that will make me feel better.
I offer all of my students while teaching them the fundamentals of diving this; Always breath continuously, and if we spot a shark, IMMEDIATELY SURROUND YOUR INSTRUCTOR. Only kidding. It's a treat to see these animals. Several dive operations specialize in shark dives where divers can see up close just how they behave in the water. So maintain a healthy respect for them, but don't allow your phobia to keep you away from living your life the way you want. Surf's up. Have fun,
Chili .....PADI Instructor # 81571

We get out of life......What we put into it
I have a simple solution and it has worked so far.... I dont eat shark. They dont eat me.

Has anyone seen the shark off Hakalau - the kids see it occassionally when they surf.

-Cat
Maybe I shouldn't post this but a friend of mine lost his surfing buddy to a shark one day on BI a long time ago. Kona side. They were both out, sitting on their boards and his friend got a surprised look on his face, looked at Al and next was pulled down, never to be seen again.

I do think one is much more likely to die or be hurt in a car accident, but once you enter the ocean you are a part of the food chain. Haven't you been out there and seen a shadowy form and got chicken skin and decided it was time to go in?

I know more people who were paralyzed, drowned or had limbs broken by big waves, though, way more. Always respect the ocean.

april
april