Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for hiring help with car trailer.
Hello Punaweb,

I posted an ad in non classifieds but it looks like it doesn't get a lot of traffic so I thought someone here might know someone that would be interested in a quick cash job. Maybe someone could use a little extra Christmas $.

I need a car trailered from Honolii area to Waimea, about 50 miles; on/around Dec. 20th. Car drives to get it on a trailer so winch not needed.

Just an old Volvo project, not a show car or anything.

I don't know too many folks in the area so I would rather have a recommendation from Punaweb than making cold calls.

I know I can rent equipment to do this but I hope to save a little hassle as we are moving a household as well.

My e-mail is freestatedesign_at_yahoo_dot_com if you want to pass that to someone who might want to do it.

Thanks Punaweb.
Not knowing anyone with a car trailer I would suggest that you call some of the towing companies and solicit bids. Best to write out the request with clear pick up and delivery locations as well as the condition of the vehicle.

One or more of them might have a trip scheduled in the area you seek and could discount a return run or vice versa.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Rob,

Thanks for the pointers.

Thought I would try the Punaweb grapevine before making calls. It may end up being worth it just to rent the trailer and move it myself. Tow companies have such a big investment in equipment its hard to get a good price, especially since usually their customers have the choice of paying or staying by the side of the road.

Thanks again.

-Mario
Try Daren's Towing, he's based out of the middle of the Hamakua Coast so his rates will probably be reasonable.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson