Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Hardware Bought by Ace Hardware
I hope it is true.

I remember walking the isles in wonder when Steve and Margorie opend the new store. After they sold it the store seemed to go slowly down hill, with less and less product on the shelves.

It is still the first place I call since it is the closest, but frankly I am suprised when they have what I am looking for.
IU was in there the other day and couldn't find an ABS coupler. Pretty basic plumbing.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I can confirm that they are now Ace. Don told me so a week or so ago that it had been sold, and all the employees are wearing Ace badges until their T-shirts arrive.

quote:
Originally posted by LastTangoInPuna

I hope it is true.

I remember walking the isles in wonder when Steve and Margorie opend the new store....

I used to be amazed at how much the old Pahoa Hardware store near old police substation had in it - we could find things that HPM didnt have.

Well I thought no one could beat the local hardware store till they went out of business, then the Ace Hardware opened next to me. They are all over you at the door to help you find what you want and have all the fun services like glass and keys. Can't say what the local service will be like cause it differs w/ each owner/manager but they'll have the Ace name and know how behind them. Sign up for the Ace Rewards card and you'll get some nice discounts periodically in the mail.
I've had good experiences with Ace both here and in the past on the mainland.
Ace has a pretty good history of supporting locally focused merchandise content within the framework of their larger franchising system. Even the sale promotions and discount programs can be locally tailored. The new franchise owners will more than likely be from this area, although I don't believe there is anything to prevent someone from buying a location far from where they live. My cousin is married to an Ace franchisee in the Texas ranch country, and they successfully compete with WalMart by offering a full line of merchandise geared to the local market.
I wonder if they will still have the equipment rental?