Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who owns the land.... not you..
suck every penny they can..

its not a TAX increase, its an extra FEE for asking questions.

6-1 vote

like i have said before the county is sitting on MAJOR CASH AND BONDS, for what purpose? I know some of the old grandpas in here will make the same arguments about "the government operates from the interest blah blah blah".... The government should operate on a pay as you go basis, (thats if you think they should tax us at all for there magical "services" they provide but thats another post). The government should not rack up a balance sheet. they are not or business... OR ARE THEY?????? LOL!

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal04.txt
quote:
Originally posted by 808blogger

The government should operate on a pay as you go basis,
[?]
That is exactly what this is, a pay as you go. It cost the County a certain amount to provide this service, and they are asking the Council to charge the fee it cost, nothing more. Right now they pay a portion of the fee with the County (All Taxpayers) picking up the rest. Under this proposal, the fee is related to the cost to provide the service.

Seems you're arguing against the very thing your arguing for.[?][?][?][?]
Why don't they liquidate the massive cash first. Instead of asking for more. Use what is already collected. Why do you defend the government
when you know that it's runs 2 books.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There are no two books. This is some fantasy only in your mind.

The investment funds and revenue derived from those funds ARE shown in the County Financials every year. It's not hidden from anyone. It's not a secret slush fund. All the details are spelled out in the Financials. You keep saying its two books as if they are hiding the funds, yet you found the information spelled out for all to see in the PUBLIC financials records of the County available to everyone and posted by the County on their website for everyone to see and review. There is nothing sinister about this.

Now, if you don't understand what that fund is for and why it's there, just say so. Why not just ask why its there, what its used for, why it has to be maintained at a certain level, or what would happen if it was spent?
808, you have a negative attitude.

Here is a wonderful example about who the land belongs to.

We were staying in Waipio Valley at the Mock Chew's farm. One woman in our group asked if she could come back in the spring to take pictures of flowers. Jason said to her, "Of course you can, the land belongs to all of us, you included, we just take care of it. The plants and the trees are yours as well as mine." That my dears says it all! Greed is the white man's concept, it does not translate here.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Of course its not and the government does have 2 sets of books.

They have a set of books for "governmental activities" and a set of books for "business activities".

I'm not suggesting everything is "hidden" more like hidden in plain site, as the government grows a business interest asset base.. and becomes rich with the ability to tax you.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Orts

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. There are no two books. This is some fantasy only in your mind.

The investment funds and revenue derived from those funds ARE shown in the County Financials every year. It's not hidden from anyone. It's not a secret slush fund. All the details are spelled out in the Financials. You keep saying its two books as if they are hiding the funds, yet you found the information spelled out for all to see in the PUBLIC financials records of the County available to everyone and posted by the County on their website for everyone to see and review. There is nothing sinister about this.

Now, if you don't understand what that fund is for and why it's there, just say so. Why not just ask why its there, what its used for, why it has to be maintained at a certain level, or what would happen if it was spent?