Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horseback Riding
All I want is to find a gentle horse to ride for an hour or two as often as I can afford it and I don't seem to have any luck. I've called a couple of "ranches" that advertise trail rides but they don't call me back. I know there are people out there who have horses who could use a little more income to help take care of them but I can't seem to figure out how to find them. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you! Bonny
There's a lady in Mountain View who is nice and has gentle horses to ride but the road to her stables is very hard on cars. It's called Volcano Paradise Ranch.
Bonny,

This may have been a place you tried already so sorry if it is. I used to go riding some years ago at Dahana Ranch in Waimea (http://www.dahanaranch.com/index.htm). I'd never ridden a horse before then and they offered easy rides for beginners. After a couple of rides I went on one of their longer rides which included ranching their cattle (and lunch!). It was a lot of fun!

This was some time ago so things may have changed, but if not I'd recommend them.

Tom
Aloha Bonnie,

We have some horses in the Pahoa area and would be happy to discuss it with you.

965-1555
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Thank you, Tom and Rob.