Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am not leaving Verizon
Obie,you can get your data backed up on line with Verizon for free too.
But it sure not as easy like you have with ATT&T.
While I'm not a texter, it isn't a bad way to let someone know a quick bit of info if you are out and neither of you is on your email. The message is right there without calling voicemail. It is useful for people who are in meetings and stuff, absolutely. The whole kid addiction thing seems pathetic to me but that makes me a judgmental old fart I suppose.
quote:
Originally posted by centipede

StillHope, your citing the goodies that Verizon has to offer covers everything but the cost.

I also haven't been happy about paying a monthly Clark County "Gis Fee" and a Clark County "Bus License Fee".

Just FYI -my fees in Hawaii are $5 more than in CA(the same plan!)
centipede - if you want an 808 number - it can be changed very easily and most carriers do not charge you for it either.

unlimited texting on our t-mobile family plan is all of $10 per month. includes email, texting, pictures, video, anything goes. Texting is worthwhile because a text message can go through when voice cannot due to low signal strength.
Thanks for all the input, folks, but come April, adios Verizon.
Honestly,I liked verizon back on the mainland, but on this island, they were junk. When I moved to fern acres I'd have to stand out on a chair in my back yard to keep 1-2 bars (just enough to keep from dropping a call). Hell, the service in town wasn't anything stellar either. At my apartment downtown, the service would drop from 5 to zero bars and I'd drop my call. That happened all the time.

Right now I'm sitting in my living room and I have 5 bars on my iphone through at&t in a spot where I'd be lucxky to get 1 with verizon.

Also, coverage around the island is much better as well. I get 5 bars in most areas with my iphone on the main road around the island, whereas with the my old verizon phone I dropped calls in several spots and lost signal.

On top of that I paid more for verzion service than I do for at&t. Based on my experience, there is NO comparison.
Be wary of how many "bars" you have. Some phones and providers massage the results to make you feel better.

I normally have zero bars at our home and still have a usable voice call. I may have one bar outside the house with no difference in call quality.
I would think the best reason not to leave a carrier is that the phone works when/where I need it, otherwise the plan features aren't worth so much.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Just want to share that Verizon sent me a Network extender for free($250).
Of course,it's not something they do on regular basis.
But in my case (almost no reception) and my many years being a customer never late with payments..
Well,I am not leaving Verizon any time soon. (Though I haven't got GPS signal so far[Smile])