Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamilo Beach-Kau Beach Cleanup 9/14/13
NEW INFO FOR 2013
Volunteers and vehicles are needed to help out at our upcoming beach cleanup at Kamilo Point on Sat., Sept 14th*. As always, we ask that volunteers (and vehicles!) RSVP to us at kahakai.cleanups@gmail.com or call our marine debris hotline at 808/769-7629. This cleanup is in coordination with the International Coastal Cleanup event a.k.a. “Get the Drift & Bag It!” in Hawai#699;i.

Please see attached and feel free to distribute cleanup flier widely!

We will be meeting at Wai#699;#333;hinu Park at 7:45am that morning to talk about cleanup logistics, view artwork by local debris eco-artist, Don Elwing** and to caravan/carpool down to cleanup event. This event will be the first of four in collaboration with Recycle Hawaii ~ our objectives are two-fold: (1) collect and remove marine debris from along the shoreline; and (2) attempt to somewhat sort out debris that can be re-used for the Ocean Plastic line of dish soap by Method. We expect to return to park by ~ 3pm.

Please bring: bag lunch, snacks, sun/wind protection, re-usable water bottle (HWF will provide refills only), other beverages, sturdy footwear, and optionally: gloves, 5-gal bucket (or smaller), swim suit. Also, if you are planning on bringing a child or youngster who is under 18 (and not your own!) please contact me ahead of time so their family can sign the waiver.

Many thanks for your continued support! Can’t make this cleanup ~ a#699;ole pilikia try and join us for the next one on Sat., Nov 23rd or ask about how you can help us with supplies or goodies for volunteers.
So that's where Kamilo Beach is! I saw it mentioned recently on the BBC website and they referred to it being "on a remote island". They called it "the world's dirtiest beach". I'll try to make it to the cleanup.
Carey is this the beach that has all of the lovely drift wood also? While cleaning you all could do some gleaning! Wish I was there to help, not this timeSad

Aloha,

mella l

http://www.etsy.com/shop/bytheseasoaps

Art and Science
Our Future

eta spellinz correctionz per the cat
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA