Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New law for Headlight use/failure $57.00 fine
See article for time restrictions.

I have always used my headlight in early morning and while it was raining and in the evening. It has now become a law, that we must all do this.
I hope this will help prevent more accidents. I also, recommend while driving, stay at least 4 car length behind the vehicle in front of you, during restricted visibility conditions. Smile
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...adlamp+law

For all those with daytime running lights:

Please don't forget to turn on your tail lights in poor visibility!

You're in more danger from a vehicle approaching from the rear, on your side of the road, than you are from an oncoming vehicle on the other side.
OK, how did I miss the publication of this new law? I thought I was paying attention to what was going on via the Tribune Herald 3-4 times a week, but completely missed this.

I've been a big fan of headlights in inclement weather ever since I realized I couldn't see people in my rear view mirror because of the tinting on the camper shell.

Thanks for the heads up Whalesong.

Cheers,

Sean

See you in the surf
This has been a law since 1975 ,it is not new.

The police are just reminding everyone that it is a law.
It is hard to explain to some people that you put your lights on to be seen, being able to see better is a plus. Ha Ha, I drove for years in a company van. Distance between vehicles is adjustable (?) for speed. One easy way to figure it is to notice when the rear of the vehicle ahead of you crosses some point you can see, when your car crosses the same point you should have an interval of 2-4 seconds behind them. I whacked a guy with no lights on once. Gray car gray pavement and drizzle. Gosh I really didn't see them. Luckily everyone was fine. I still blubbered on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck for an hour. Stay safe you all.

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our
exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the
place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot
Peace and long life
Things I never know but do now

What janet said about daytime running lights!

Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Good to have a heads up of the subject, and a reminder of what the law is and not just what we have become accustomed to. Kind of like the rolling stop. Like the Lawyer who decided to argue with a cop after being pulled over for rolling through a stop. The cop says license and registration. "What for" ? says the lawyer. The cop says "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign". The lawyer says "I slowed down no one was coming." You didn't come to a complete stop." says the cop, "license an registration, please. The lawyer says "whats the difference?" The diference is you have to come to a complete stop, thats the law. Licence and registration! the cop repeats . The lawyer says if you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registation, and you give me that ticket... if not you let me go and don't give me that ticket. "That sounds fair, please exit your vehicle, sir." says the cop. At this point the cop pulls out his night stick and starts beating the heck out of the lawyer and says " do you want me to stop or just slow down?"
Now how 'bout getting people to keep their dogs off their laps when driving ?
HAHAHAHA! So tell me is it just me or are there way too many people driving around with their high beams on?

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I wasn't sure if it was my eyes or age playing tricks on me, Mella l, but it happens plenty and I'm hesitant about flashing my high beams, for fear of just making the situation worse, and I hate on coming cars with those HID headlamp or even behind you blinding you in the rearview.

P.S. Thanks for the wonderful green soap.