Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A visit here in Kona
Don't the hotel managers and businness owners in Kona realize that having garbage trucks backing up with loud alarms around 6am have an adverse effect on return tourism? It drives one more tacky nail in the tourist dollars coffin out here.

I bet they aren't hearing these 6am noises at the Four Seasons Resort...

Simply astounding

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.
Heard the Gas powered leaf blower @ about 5AM this very past weekend @ King Kam ... Soo pleasant.
There now in the west tower... That wonderful morning racket will be here again shortly. Maybe these new 2.5 power reading glasses will carry me off late enough on the blackberry and Punaweb to sleep through it in the AM. Could they make the font any smaller on these things? Smile

Every time we've gotten the Kama'aina rate in Kona we've ended up in a room with bad dumpster noise or some other negative feature, like windows right over the noisy air conditioning units or the employee smoking section. It doesn't exactly encourage us to take "staycations" over on that side of the island at a time when the tourism industry badly needs our dollars.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
No noise this morning, much better, woke up to NCL pulling in and dropping anchor outside our slider door. BTW... the remodel/facelift out here is fairly decent. Recommend a stay if on a visit this side of island.

I am looking forward to seeing the "new" King Kam for the first time during our trip over for July 4th. The Kama'aina rates have sure gone up, so I hope it is worth it. I doubt the garbage trucks will be running on the 4th.

We have usually had good luck getting nice rooms on the Kama'aina rate....especially at the Hilton Waikoloa. Pehaps this is due to occupancy being down. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask...nicely. I used to work in a hotel and enjoyed being able to honor requests even when the guests thought there wasn't a chance in the world!!
Have had that problem staying in condos around the Waikoloa golf course. Garbage trucks, lawn mowing, leaf blowing, hedge trimming, starting way early. Totally agree it is annoying. I hear that mainlanders tend to get up really early, especially from East Coast they get up at 4 a.m. ready to go.
The King Kam reno is supposed to be terrific, so I expect you'll have a great trip, Loretta.
quote:
Originally posted by Loretta
I am looking forward to seeing the "new" King Kam for the first time during our trip over for July 4th.
Get it while you can. It will be a Marriott Courtyard soon, I'm sure the rates will go up.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html