Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Parks Rental Market
Radiopeg - I get your point, but I just can't agree that it's ever okay to disrespect a vacation rental. Go ahead and roll it to the front door but once in the house, pick it up and carry it the ten feet to your room.
Bullwinkle - I'm with you big time on this one. Not so much at Hilo, but hang out at the Kona airport sometime and be amazed at the size and quantity of luggage some people bring. It's the Big Island. What do you need?
quick search on craigslist for HPP (month of Dec) revealed 11 properties 2bd and larger for rent ranging from approx. $750 to $1400.
7 apts or studios prices ranging from $300 to $750. while this is not huge in comparison to the number of homes in HPP, it is significant in that there is so few qualified tenants seeking those properties. that and HPP is only one subdivision in Puna!
i would imagine those seeking $1200 up will find it extremely difficult to rent their property no matter how nice it is.
also i would venture those few financially qualified potential renters can buy now and pay equal or less for a mortgage. it's a ugly scene for landlords unless you have a reasonable mortgage that allows you to rent on the low side. if you can rent within the County of Hawaii's affordable rental housing guidelines
http://www.hawaiipropertytax.com/Forms/p...cation.pdf
(go to bottom of page)
your real estate propert tax with be the same rate as the homeowner rate (without the exemption) which is significantly less than the investor rate.
http://www.hawaiipropertytax.com/Forms/H...XRATES.htm

aloha
Aloha,
Michael
Plenty of rentals in the Hawaii Tribune-Herald and I have noticed definite downward price trends in the rentals over the last 2 years.

[url][/url]http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/classifieds/rentals/
I think the original poster was asking about Hawaiian Parks subdivision, not HPP. The two are apples and oranges in terms of rental prices and who wants to rent there.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
"if you cant lift it - you cant bring it" Glad you are so healthy Bullwinkle.

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life
I am not so sure it is a gender thing to over pack, I am the queen of the tiny carry on plus one small computer bag, while my husband brings everything he thinks he might possibly need. I did some trainings on Oahu with a woman who traveled with everything she needed for 3 day trainings in one huge purse; it was like Fibber McGee's closet, she just kept pulling more stuff out of it the whole weekend!

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

I am not so sure it is a gender thing to over pack, I am the queen of the tiny carry on plus one small computer bag, while my husband brings everything he thinks he might possibly need. I did some trainings on Oahu with a woman who traveled with everything she needed for 3 day trainings in one huge purse; it was like Fibber McGee's closet, she just kept pulling more stuff out of it the whole weekend!

Carol

[Big Grin][Big Grin]Us too! I pack a small beach bag to go to Hapuna, and SB packs everything but the kitchen sink.