Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Places to Stay?
Oh man, I know about the horrors of staph infections. Used to guard against it when I was doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

That's really interesting about mango sap. So if I've peeled mangoes before, and don't get a reaction, would I be okay?

EDIT: Boy, talk about a major thread hijack [:p]
Probably although the allergic reaction can develop over time. Also, some mangoes are much worse than others. In my experience the common and turpentine mangoes (? the correct names) are the worst. My wife has the problem with the sap but can eat the flesh except the turpentines.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Not to worry too much if you WOOF Jason, just use your own gloves and be careful not to touch your eyes or mouth. There is a book called "Poisonous Plants of Paradise" that has a lot of the toxic plants here listed and pictured.
quote:
Originally posted by Jason762

Hey all -

I'm looking for a place to stay somewhere close to Pahoa that's cheap. I'll be at the Kalani yoga retreat, but as a guest I can only stay up to 7 days (I think).

I will need a place from about the 24th of Jan to the 1st of February. Hoping for a cheap place and would have absolutely no complaints about working for rent. I'm a hard worker and I do quality work.

Thanks all!

I work at Kalani, and as long as we're not full, you can come early or stay late if you want.

Cwoods, cool! So I take it you know KG? My biggest issue is the $35/night which is just for a space to set up a tent, right?
quote:
Originally posted by Jason762

Cwoods, cool! So I take it you know KG? My biggest issue is the $35/night which is just for a space to set up a tent, right?

The initials don't ring a bell, what's his/her full name?

She works in agriculture. Kana's her name but sometimes she goes by KG.
Jason, sorry that you're looking (so far) at paying for a tent site. $35 seems excessive, when there are at least a couple places on VRBO that look quite nice for $45.

http://www.vrbo.com/322024
http://www.vrbo.com/142800

Sorry I'm not up on the work-trade opportunities, but as far as finding alternatives, suggest you post an ad in the Non-Classifieds, stating what you want and what you can pay, what kind of labor you would offer also.

This is the discussion forum, and it may have a different set of readers than the ads, so no harm trying. Also try Craigslist.

Assume you want to stay reasonably near Kalani and not somewhere where you'll have transport issues? There is a hostel in Hilo; actually there are two, but it is 45 minutes from Kalani by car, and likely farther by bus.
correct me if I am wrong, but someone once told me that if you "hang a fishing pole next to your tent" you are permitted to stay on the beach for 30 days. I have NO IDEA if this is true but it would be good for those who know to ring in on this idea...

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
As far as I know, beach camping is permitted in designated campgrounds and by permit only. If the fishing pole rule were real, we would have major homeless encampments, think about it.

I wouldn't recommend either MacKenzie or Isaac Hale for a single guy, too much history of locals getting into it with visitors in those places.