Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Punatics Softball
WE COULD USE A COUPLE OF MORE PLAYERS. GOOD SKILLS OR WILLING TO LEARN!

The Kupuna Softball League (Over 60 years old) has added a team to Puna this year. We play at Shipmens and our opening day is February 12th. It's the first time Puna will be represented in the league. Which seems a odd as places like Honokaa have three teams, Honomu two, etc... We just couldn't get the interest until now.

We have the minimum number of players, 14, at the moment but with injuries, vacations etc it's hard to get 10 or more out there every Saturday. Bottom line:

WE COULD USE A COUPLE OF MORE PLAYERS. GOOD SKILLS OR WILLING TO LEARN!

Thanks Call,

Garrett 315-7763
or come out Tuesdays at 1:00 pm
Thursdays at 9:00 for practice.

Pass it on!
I'd love to play but I'm only 52! I like third base when I get old enough to join! And I tend to hit 'um hard/far as I run slow!!! lol....

Good luck! And I know a couple of those Honomu players! They got one mean team! (and I dont mean "mean" as in nasty!)
Kapohocat, they've got a special 55-60 rule. They let one person of that age play per team. We've got one now but in a couple of years he'll be 60 and you'll be ready!
quote:
Originally posted by Garretto

...they've got a special 55-60 rule. They let one person of that age play per team. We've got one now but in a couple of years he'll be 60 and you'll be ready!

[xx(][xx(] When did this happen, that I am almost old enough to play in the seniors league? [xx(][xx(]

Keep us posted on your success!