Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Term Job?
Hello all -

I'll be in Pahoa for an "extended visit" (5 months or so) while doing some work/rent exchange on someone's property.

I will need a job, and I'm hoping you have recommendations. I would like to make about $500 a month (of course more is nicer) and was wondering if anyone hires folks who are obviously from the mainland (i.e. pale as heck).

I have no "skills", but am stronger than the average person and work hard. I also am hearing impaired so I know ASL (American sign language) but can communicate face-to-face.

I'm currently at Kalani Oceanside Retreat so I haven't been able to get out to Pahoa and really browse around. I'm thinking I can apply at Malama Market.

Any other suggestions?
Aloha Jason,

My wife works for the Hawaii Center for Independent Living. They have an office in Hilo (not sure of the address) but if you can have someone call for you here is the number: 808 935-3777. They specialize in helping people with disabilities (including hearing impaired) to find jobs and housing. They are a non-profit organization so it won't cost you anything if they are able to help.

I hope this helps!

|---The Ka'u Web---||---The Kona Forum---||-----Da Kine Hosting-----|
| www.KauWeb.com || www.KonaForum.com || www.DaKineHosting.com |
KonaDave,

Thank you! It will be my first stop on Friday when I go into Hilo looking for jobs. Smile

-Jason
My wife told me to tell you that if they don't have a job for you then please have them call the main office in Honolulu. My wife is under the impression that the case worker on the Big Island is in need of an ASL interpreter. Right up your alley! Good luck!

Ka'u Web
Ka'u Blog
Ka'u Homes
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Dream Kona
Da Kine Hosting
Da Kine Web Design