Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island Paradise Inn--why no response?
Google Mango Bay. A very nice place in HPP I think on 26th. The owners are great and very clean.
About Trip Advisor. I find most of the bad comments about places are made from people who expect more then they are paying for.
You don't get ***** star service by only paying for **. You get what you pay for.
Most of these people don't do their homework and are suprised when they arrive.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Don't let everybody scare you! I've stayed there. The room was nice and clean with a fully stocked kitchen. And the price is unbeatable.

The owner is pretty nice and she really keeps good care of her properties, but she's a bit of the deep end. So just stick to business.

The units are in downtown Pahoa but just far enough from the action that I didn't feel comfortable going out alone at night (but granted I was there by myself and pregnant when I stayed there, so I was probably nesting anyways).

The coquis are very loud over there.

And you get plenty of characters hanging out at the 7-11 next door until late at night.

It's not a beautiful place; I wouldn't book it for a honeymoon. but if you need something cheap for a short time, this place is fine.

good luck.

aloha,
Stefanie

Thanks for that Stef. I have heard from someone else who stayed there and thought it was fine.

I agree with Kahunascott that people need to know what to expect when booking a cheap place. I have always been a cut price traveller, since I never have a lot of money to spend on trips. 99% of the time the place suits me just fine, and I think you get a much more local or real experience than staying in a fancy resort. You could be anywhere in the world in those places.

Caveat though for those who ever visit Vancouver, BC--don't stay on East Hastings Street unless you like methadone clinics.

That said, I think IPI will be good for our purposes. I am so looking forward to this trip, and to bringing my Hawaiian friend back to Hilo after 20 years away from his island home.

With gratitude to all...