Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
defend Hawaii
Ok been seeing this bumper sticker often and now I have seen two tee shirts with "Defend Hawaii" and an assault riffle on them.
Yes, I am new to the islands, so can someone explain what this means?
Thanks.
hawaiideborah
Actual: it is a t-shirt company logo
Perceived: it is a Hawaii sovereignty movement thingy
http://www.defendhawaii.com/blog/about-us/
"To Defend Hawaii, is to defend the spirit of aloha."
It is a T-shirt company... their goal is really to sell t-shirts... nothing more.

Just look at their philanthropic endeavors & you will see that they are mainly out for the $$$$. They did have a very limited run of t-shirts with proceeds to the Red Cross for the Japan earthquake outreach.... but those are no longer available....

Oh, and not all of the stuff has that gun logo... it just seems to be the most sold & displayed....

I look at it with the same as any attitude logo wear.... if someone wants to spend their money on a corporations' "attitude", oh well!...
It really doesn't mean anything to me, or to most of the people I know... just ink blots in time...
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Oh, and not all of the stuff has that gun logo... it just seems to be the most sold & displayed....

I look at it with the same as any attitude logo wear.... if someone wants to spend their money on a corporations' "attitude", oh well!...
It really doesn't mean anything to me, or to most of the people I know... just ink blots in time...

good points.
It is also a bumper sticker (not just tee-shirts)
Guess I was reading too much into it and though it was some kind of "movement" or group.
Got ya now, it's just a tee-shirt logo.
OK, Thanks for letting me know.
hawaiideborah
The funny thing is it's copy of the old defend Brooklyn shirts.

I won't get started on the rifle, as I don't want drama today. I do own one of the pictured ones however. Fun little gizmo Big Grin