Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Proof Bird Cage

Good Evening, I am bringing my Parrot to the Island and I need to find a mosquito proof bird cage that is sturdy enough to go on the plane and pass inspection at the ag center. Does anyone have any suggestions where I may purchase one or a good idea to build one that is suitable and stable for this situation.

Thank you

Morningstar
Sorry to "hijack" another one but maybe you can cover a regular cage with a mesh laundry bag from walmart or kmart. i bought mine to try catch mosquito fish from the stream.

But looks like my 4 month old hens developing some ugly warts on the beaks and conjunctivitis. the recommended "backyard" blog was saying it was spred by mosquitos. So i hope it goes away witht he summer weather.
A very light breeze will keep mosquitoes away. A couple computer muffin fans placed in the right locations will do the trick. Mosquitoes are poor flyers. Steve
I never seen a Spring season like this. usually you have the trades crankin- blow away the rain too- global warming??
morningstar i would call the honolulu quarantine station and ask about this requirement. i know lostboytoy here on punaweb brought in parrots, maybe you could email him. it is specific to quarantine, have you looked on their site carefully? also there are people in honolulu that specialize in helping people bring in their pets and they might know the answer, they are on konaweb quite a bit, as is the quarantine info site... hope that helps somewhat.
Yes I brought my macaws over, all you have to do is put window screen over the vents and door to the carrier, this is too insure you don't bring the West Nile Virus into Hawaii.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
When we moved here from Washington State. We used a med pet carrier and covered the holes with mosquito netting, and passed inspection without issue. Jerry our bird was not happy with the carrier, but made it here fine.