Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like a September move for us
We have a buyer for our place in Wa. State it seems. If the buyer gets a loan (and she is "pre-approved") and the inspection and appraisal turn out okay then we move around Sept. 15th-20th to our place in HPP. Looks like we may not have to spend another winter in the Puget Sound area. The last couple of winters it got down to 16 degrees.

Lets see....we move in Sept......our oranges in HPP ripen in late Oct/early Nov. Can't wait!!

Jon

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Great Jon! If the time plan works out you'll have about two weeks to get settled in before you can relax at Scuba Sunday! Hope things stay on track for the sale of your home in Puyallup.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Aloha Jon,
We will be right behind you in HPP at around Sept. 30. It was not that cold in Baton Rouge, but my brother lives on an offshoot of Lake Tapps and our daughter is at UW, for as little more time as possible! I went through basic training at North Fort Lewis the winter of 1968 with snow on the ground - worst winter in 50 years.

Royall,
If things go according to plan, we may see you et al. at Scuba Sunday.

Allen
Baton Rouge, LA & HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
Welcome to all. Our lovely island of Hawaii is a rich and wonderous land. It is VERY different from the mainland and part of the joy in life is learning to accept what is here and not trying to improve or "fix" it. You have many life adventures to look forward to here... some planned and some not but all are memorable.

Smile Pam

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
quote:
Originally posted by pslamont

Welcome to all. Our lovely island of Hawaii is a rich and wonderous land. It is VERY different from the mainland and part of the joy in life is learning to accept what is here and not trying to improve or "fix" it. You have many life adventures to look forward to here... some planned and some not but all are memorable.

Smile Pam

There is an incredible amount of wisdom in that comment. If PunaWeb had a "like" button, I'd be clicking on it. Welcome to all newcomers!
quote:
Originally posted by allensylves

my brother lives on an offshoot of Lake Tapps

Lake Tapps, Should be called Lake Ice Cubes!

I went through basic training at North Fort Lewis the winter of 1968 with snow on the ground - worst winter in 50 years.

I do remember that winter! Worked for Boeing and had to commute in that miserable nasty ass crap! My folks always wondered why I left Puyallup, Parkland, Gig Harbor, and some of the other areas close by!!

Royall,
If things go according to plan, we may see you et al. at Scuba Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing many new faces then! September 23rd is my 6th anniversary moving to paradise!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

We actually Had a place on Lake Tapps on the water. We bought it in 1978 and lived there till the end of 2005. We were in the Church Lake area which is where the milky glacial runoff enters the lake. Can you say freezing cold?? As the water circulates around the very big lake it turns more green and warms up. Water skiers would enter our area and when they fell in they would scream from the cold sometimes.

My Dad retired from Boeing in 1972.

We went to Maui the first time in 1980-the first of maybe eight trips. We brought my 88 year old Mother to Kihei for eight days about 4-5 years ago. She passed away at 91++My Dads gone as are both my wifes parents.We're no longer tied to Wa. State.

I have to give them notice at my job soon.

Retirement is near for us.

Mahalo, Jon

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
That Pam is one smart gal!

Mac nut
I'll second that about Pam. And Jon, you know it is wonderful here. We are almost to our 4 month anniversary and every day we grin and say, I can't believe I'm here. Peggy

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life