Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argentine ants
Does anyone have positive results fighting them? Argentine ants have multiple colonies and hundreds of queens.
Our house is post and peer and it looks like they are inside the walls.Our house is clean,no food laying around and my SO even keeps the problem garbage like meat wraps and such in the freezer until it's time to take it to the transfer station.
I found this article very helpful http://pests.getridofthings.com/get-rid-...e-ants.htm
We tried that boric acid solution for a couple of days and noticed that the ants go for it only if poured directly on the floor and most die too fast.The idea was for the ants to carry the poison to the nest.
I've had success w/ the tiny ants using "Grant's for Ants". Longs has it. Hopefully your Argentine ants tango their way back to the queen.
My friend puts her ant bait in salt shakers. (The ants enter and exit the holes.) I like this idea better than looking at ugly ant traps on my counter. Grants Ants does seem the best, but you have to keep at it. I think they say replace every 30 days. And stirring up the gel w/a toothpick helps, too. Since we moved our kitchen trash can outside, all bug problems have improved.