Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally moving to Puna, a few questions
Hi Punawebers. I haven't been on the site for a while, but I have finally bought a house (in Puna Beach Palisaides). I have a few questions. My stuff is in storage in Honolulu. What is the best way to ship it inter-island and get it delivered to lower Puna? What is the best way to hang art on single wall construction? (If you put a nail in, it would go out the other side.)

I am sure I will have more questions.

Thanks,

Robert La Mont
Robert La Mont
3M "command" strips. I've used them to hang things on glass. I believe they have a variety specific to artwork. I was surprised at their holding ability.

In all my research about moving things from HNL to Hilo, the only name I ever heard was Young Brothers.
Either hang it with wire from the top plate...or nail a board flat between the studs and than hang your work from that.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Welcome to Puna and Punaweb!
Welcome! In the South in older homes with brick walls that are plastered over, I have seen a couple different systems: 1) Moulding place at intervals, and the picture is set on the moulding and leans against it the wall and 2) wire railing systems, where a rail or a wire is placed at the very top of the wall, just below the ceiling and spans the length of the wall. The picture is suspended by a wire from this railing or wire. This has the ADDED benefit of keeping the picture from touching the wall. This is highly desirable in humid climates for air circulation.

Back to packing, before Punagirl jumps on me again!