Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asain Food stores...where....or?
TNT store on the Hilo Bayfront has the described coconut shredder and mortar/pestle.
Rosette Nuresery in HPP also has kaffir lime plant.

today I spent it with my family at the Hilo Farmers' Market, we opened a stall and sold some stuff. Next to us was another couple, and right next to them was a single lady. More importantly a single THAI lady! As we got to talking, I found out that like me she too lives in HPP too! I watched as she passed some Lemon Grass to the other couple. I came to find out that her and her husband moved here about six months ago from Kona. But the best part, she has a garden. A garden filled with Thai veggies & herbs.

I will call her next week, as she is gonna sell me a Kiffar Lime tree for $15.00!!!! Smile She also grows Galanga besides Lemon grass, and most everything else needed to cook Thai Food. Though I didn't sell a lot today, more importantly a made a Thai connection!

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
well, I just returned from my new Thai friend's home in HPP. With me I took my wife and one of my boys. We picked up the Kiffar Lime Tree for $15.00, plus she threw in two Thai Papaya trees 8 to 10 stocks of Lemon Grass, and about 10 or more Thai Chili starters! She has a wonderful garden of Thai herbs & plants for cooking Thai food. So now I have a fresh THai Asian produce market within HPP Wink

-----------

Did you get the galangal?

quote:
Did you get the galangal?

Yikes!!! Momi, I forgot to ask her yesterday. But last Saturday at Hilo Market she told me she has at her home. I'm not sure if I'll be at market this week because of Sig Zane's Grand Opening to his new renovated store.

-----------