Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau Christmas Parade
About 20-22 brave soles enjoyed all kinds wonderful cookies, lasagna, coco with peppermint schnapps and whipped cream, reindeer sausage and two kinds salmon!! Great bunch of people to hang with! Got wet but the spirits were high! (No not from the schnapps!!!) Big mahalo to Carey and hubby Jim, Friend Hugh for help setting up! Thanks goes to Kathy and Dick Wilson, for more help with the finer points of getting things ready. First time in 7 years it has rained on the parade and DID IT RAIN!! Lost on pop-up to the wind (sorry Jim!)Was it worth? You bet your sweet bippy it was! Must have been windy everywhere as I came home to find my garage/tent blown over..... :-( bummer dude!! Live goes on! Nice meeting new folks Dayna and hubby Steve from Alaska, and Long time poster Glen aka Kalena. Mele Kalikimaka and we will remember this one!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Thank you to Royal, Kathy & Dick, the elves that set -up, decorated & kept watch over the viewing area through-out the blustery, rainy, gales of December! This was by far the wettest parade, but it was still a blast.

Thank-you also to all of the participants, & folks associated with this parade. I always totally enjoy it, and this year I was amazed at how many people were watching along the parade route, and how many participants braved the deluge! The east side really does shine in the rain!
I have never seen more tow truck companies in a parade....or more truly adorable keiki. I enjoyed having the guys from Coca-Cola bottling throw me a Coca-Cola Zero, which has absolutely NOTHING in it. I am saving it for a hot, summer day. I truly enjoyed all the brave, wet parade participants, especially the wet hula dancers.

It was great to meet you guys. Thanks, Royall, Carey, Jim, Hugh and others for pulling this together.

By the way, my cookies were the best. They were gingerbread men from the KTA. I judged them superior to any other cookie presented this evening, although it was nice of everyone to give it a go with their crude, simple, inconsistent homemade cookies. Mine were loaded with ginger, or something, and clearly stole the show.

As usual.
We braved the parade from the relative comfort of our parked car down closer to the High School. This parade is always one of the high points of the holiday season for me, but with my creaky arthritic bones, sitting or standing out in the cold, windy, rainy weather would have been disastrous. Many mahalo's to all those folks who braved the elements to make this event such a joy -- the marchers, truck drivers, bands, volunteers and police officers who shivered and dripped and still managed to smile, share a shaka, and yell "Mele Kalikimaka" or "Merry Christmas" to all they passed. And there is a special place in paradise for everyone who delivered candy, holiday greetings and yes, cans of Coke Zero, right to our car window (it was like a reverse drive through -- we stayed still and the goodies came to us!). What a fun night!
Thank you Royall and everyone else who made it possible.

Nice meeting Dayna and hubby Steve (and thanks for the salmon) and Glen!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Yeah, thanks, Royall - we had fun! Next year: boots!
quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

Yeah, thanks, Royall - we had fun! Next year: boots!

Good Idea!!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani