Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Dental help
KathyH-
That's why we need Medicare for all.
Womb to tomb.
Anything else is pathetic and unfair.
Or the current U.S solution to dental care for the poor - credit dentistry - kind of like pay day loans for your teeth.
I think most dentist will take payment options "cash is king" with a 100 bucks down or something. I am sure you can work something out. Call around and ask. I'm sure you could work out 50 bucks a month plan. Cheaper than insurance by far and some will cut you a deal if paid all cash. All you gotta do is ASK!

All they can say is No... Good Luck and you might want to explore other options beside a root canal. Just my opinion.
Well, I would rather not have a root canal. The Dentist from Kuhio dental took an x-ray and told me he could either pull it or do a root canal. If I pull it my mouth has a chance of collapsing because the Molar is the only tooth I have on the bottm left all thanks to no dental insurance to begin with. What other options would I have besides a root canal?? He assured me the root canal was the way to go and told me the bill would be almost 900.00
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com
Is there any Dentist's on here reading that would be willing to take monthly cash payments??????
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com
Root canals can be dangerous if not done properly. Check out this option. $20 instead of $900 and you get to keep your tooth.

http://jimhumble.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=37
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
As for options... I've not had a root canal and for 900 bucks I am not too sure but, I think an implant is about 1200 bucks? That's what I would go with if I had to have one done.

Reading how you only have one good tooth on your lower side, I'd say your fighting a lost battle but I'm no dentist. I would *ASSUME* that since your tooth needs a root canal it's already decaying and getting a root canal only takes away the pain and basically means you have a dead stump in your mouth. Kinda like a dead tree. To me if it's that far gone, I would think it's only a matter of time ...

At this point an implant might not be your best option. I've known people that had root canals just to go back a few weeks later after the crown was put on to have it done again... I had 4 crowns done on the mainland 3200 bucks. Money well spent IMO. If I had to do it all over again, one could have gone to mexico with 10K and get a full set of implants. Tho that was 10 years ago. It's probably 20K now.

Get the phone book out and go down the line and call them all, be up front with your situation / intentions and ask if they can work with you on a monthly payment plan of XX a month. There are a few dentists in waianae (on Oahu) that take payments.

The only other way is go on disability --- The government will pay you around 700 a month, plus food stamps, PLUS!!! FREE medical and dental and even eye care! Tho, dunno how hard it is to get on that program. I hear that some people get to go to college for free! And you even get housing and gas allowance! Wow!

I don't have dental or health insurance myself... I kinda wonder who does have it these days as a lot of employers don't even offer it. I also think health insurance is a scam. Tho only way we COULD ALL have free medical insurance is if everyone in the nation decided not to pay their health care bill, but I can see how some are scared into paying it because they have health problems. But if no one pays into this scam then the health insurance "illusion" would fall apart. It sickens me that only 15 cents of every dollar spent on health insurance actually goes toward legitimate health care bills. The rest is on wall street investors, drug companies, lawyers and CEO's private jets to fly around in of the insurance company themselves.

*IF* health care was run right we could insure everyone for a few hundred bucks a year covering the entire body! Oh well! As you know... Getting to the problem early and not waiting for the problem to develop into a full blown life threatening problem is key. As if you had health insurance a routine teeth cleaning every 6 months at 20 bucks vs 1000 dollar root canal alone with a 1200 crown seems like a no brainer.

Good Luck