Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Center
Can anyone recommend a good place to get tires in Hilo?
The shop behind Hilo shopping center.Kekuanaoha & Manini st. They have had the best prices for some time now.
If you go online at Sears.com you get 10% off.You can find out if they have certain tires in stock by trying to buy them.You can also set up an appointment and they will call you to confirm.

It worked good for me and their prices are way better than Lex Brodies !
K&J Tires in Hilo is also very good. Been going to them for years.
JMO.

http://www.kjtirecenter.com/
Watch out at Sears, they told me I needed new front wheel bearings $500.00, I went to my regular mechanic and he said all I needed was the bearing to be repacked, $200.00. I also waited four hours to get my new tires. I will not be going back there.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

If you go online at Sears.com you get 10% off.You can find out if they have certain tires in stock by trying to buy them.You can also set up an appointment and they will call you to confirm.

It worked good for me and their prices are way better than Lex Brodies !

Sears did not have what we needed in stock. We ordered them online and used "ship to store". I believe the appointment was made at the same time which was about 3 weeks in advance since we were off island.

We received an email when the tires arrived at Sears. We arrived on island one day, our appointment was for the next morning.

It did take about two hours, even with the appointment. Obie is right about the prices. Lex Brodie's was super high
ye ole wheel bearing trick (s) .... LOL

Old school scammery

edit to add (s) ....
R & G Tire Center
612 Kalanianaole Ave, Hilo, HI 96720
(808) 935-2966

It's across from the harbor, a little before Silva St, way in back, but not all the way.

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
Try amazon if you have a prime account. Some of the tire prices simply cannot be beat locally (or they don't bother to try).
I bought a set of Goodyear Wranglers for the truck for $88 each a while back. Any tire place will mount and balance them for you for $15-$20 each. They shipped out of Nevada and were here in 3 days!