Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation re: dental crown-reliable dentist
A dentist has advised me that a tooth (#14 upper molar) is cracked and that the tooth needs a crown. He further indicated that without this procedure a root canal would be inevitable. When I questioned him as to the time frame for this procedure I was advised he would cut the tooth down and fit it with a temporary crown and that it would then take several weeks for the permanent crown to be manufactured and fitted. He also strongly recommended gold for the crown rather than porcelain/composite. My sister had this entire procedure done in several hours in Florida.
What experience do the readers of this forum have with this situation? Are there any recommendations for a good local dental professional to accomplish this procedure? And, is there any dental facility around Hilo that can execute the entire procure in one day, or at least expeditiously?
Thanks in advance for your input.

S-
S-
Ron Quade.

Ron and Linette Quade. You'll find lquade on this forum. There's your link. Very recommended.

http://sensiblesimplicity.lefora.com/
yes. on a molar, crown should be gold, you bite at about 300 pounds pressure. if your sister had it done in "several hours" she probably had a cerec which is a hard porcelain. however that is not something we would do. the tooth is cracked? if the crack extends to the root, a root canal would be the answer, and at the worst, a amputation of the cracked root (leaving 2 more to anchor the tooth)was this an old amalgam filling? pretty common scenario, they undergrade the tooth structure. get it cleaned out, see what tooth structure is left and make a decision from there...