Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Punatics!
Re
quote:
Originally posted by fishnchamp1

Wow, didn't realize this would rock such personal boats. Not my intent at all... I am terribly sorry if it has upset some.

Welcome to Punaweb, LOL! When I first saw your initial post, I thought, "Hmm, a new person, I wonder how long until the thread takes a turn for the worse."
Kathy, the ag thing was a joke among palm freinds, think about the context you read it in, the palm society's website. Of course I didn't smuggle anything in or out, although I did want to bring home some of those delicious white pineapple starts, [Big Grin] YUM! (BTW, you forgot to copy and paste the part about "careful embellishment"!) So far, just guilty of good story tellin'!

The Parks and Rec lady at the little booth at Waipio actually gave me a little pamphlet and told us to act right or she'd call her auntie on us, we were scared straight! [Wink] Obviously, bustin donuts in anybodys food plot was out of the question that day. We went to the beach, enjoyed those darling quadrupeds, and pulled off the road for opposing traffic on the way out. Played by the rules here, no harm... no foul!

There were no signs about not drivin to the green beach, we saw half a dozen locals camping out of their vehicles along the way and at the destination... When in Rome!

But OK, so you got me here, I went past the sign on my hike... Yes I'm gonna tell you that driving in your beater car at speeds men were never intended to travel at is 1000 times more dangerous and hurtful to Hawaii. I'm betting the state spends more on traffic headaches than lost tourist searches. Either way you got me on this one. I did it once, and I won't do it again. [:I][:o)] PROMISE!

Score to date... Fishnchamp-3, KathyH-1

Don't act like I came in waiving money around like I own the place an can do as I please, you've simply made a poor assumption based on of only part of what I said. How about the planting palms, donations, and commitment to soil fertility in our goals? Wordsmithing to make partial truths is just not something I 'd think anyone should aspire to. Seriously, no one likes a cyber bully. Perhaps you should be less concerned with aiming to make me the bad guy and keep tight reigns on your finger pointing. In a couple words, we all fall short... Hakuna matata!

Now, I'm guessin' you've got a calculated well intentioned retort your itchin ta offer and are more than capable of pickin holes in my arument, but this thread is a only a meet and greet, a freindly place to say hello or to not say hello if you find my actions so appaling. I am an outgoing guy with a lustful passion for life and that may not vibe with you, my personality isn't for eveyone I'm certain... Simply put, your "welcome" came only after a few self proclaimed "nags", so we've now met! Let's both give the other people on punaweb the center stage to say hello if they choose to!

Forward going it is kapu to whine in my happy thread![:p]

[Big Grin]
It is an honor to be greeted by so many of you.

Do most of ya'll have a couple jobs to support yourselves? Who are ya'll, whuddya do? How do you spend your days? [8D]

William DeBoe
Delray Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai

Edited to add some smileys!!! Tone is so hard to understand in web forums...
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
Kathy my post had nothing to do with you or anyone's comments, or anyone being a newbie. Just an observation that almost every post turns into a back and forth and each new person will be on the receiving end of that eventually. In this person's case in their first thread. That is not a commentary on the merit of or a dismissal of the points you made. Honestly, I hadn't even read any of it when I posted, only read that people were upset.
Good luck in your future Kathy. I hope anything and everything you wish for me is returned to you 10 fold.

William DeBoe
Delray Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
William, I hope you can get by the BS factor of some who have too much time on there hands! If I was younger I'd done the same damn thing you did. Your mistake is telling the Unofficial Punaweb police about it. They are the first to jump you s**t that you broke the law or used bad judgment. They just don't know how to live and let live... They are right and that is all there is to it.

Hope you get back over here soon. Let us know and I'll try to get a Punaweb party going so you can meet the down to earth people that live here.

Hey bring a case of wine too!!
Aloha,
Welcome William, I hope you continue to contribute to the Punawebb and find your way to the BI.
KathyH as well as myself and others are very passionate about preserving and respecting the ways of Hawaii. I honestly found myself on many of your same adventures, I even went as far as taking a beautiful perfectly rounded/polished lava rock...at least I had intentions of taking it by putting it in my car. My local friend shook his head and said "I wouldn't do that if I were you"...well I took it anyway...within the hour I proceeded to get a busted lip (not gonna say how) and my buddy Mark said "see I told you not to take that rock"...LOL...I threw the rock back into the ocean and I started to listen to what my friend Mark had to say about these Islands.
Long "story" short don't be upset if someone like KathyH or a friend is trying to guide you in the ways of the Hawaiians...It's for your benefit. It's been over ten years since that busted lip and I'm still learning.
Mahalo KathyH for your guidance, don't get upset with those who don't know what they don't know...continue to teach and inform. William will learn as I have through friendship and "story" and then hopefully the Island will choose him as it has you and I.

Aloha, TonyB
Atlanta/Vacationland
Fishnchamp - Welcome!
You received the typical, KathyH reply. It's all about her. Most everyone here has received the same preachy thing.
"oink and Carrie, I don't appreciate the "compelled" comments that dismissed my input."

I'm sorry if you were greatly offended. The tone of your original posting seemed , to me, to have been offered in an offensive manner and as such I thought it should be largely dismissed.
---------------------------------------------------
"You may not be able to see it, but when you go "welcome to all" on one hand, while you denigrate the input of a long time member as something to ignore, that doesn't paint you as nice and friendly as you may think."

Yes. I was welcoming the new member, which was my main intent Yes, I may have denigrated you, although that was not my primary intent. I don't see how the length of your membership confers the right to be rude to new people. Yeah, I'm not always painted as nice and friendly. Sorry about that.
----------------------------------------------------
"So you are nice to people up to the point where they don't post the way you want, and then you are rude and dismissive?"

I really didn't see my post as being particularly rude and dismissive. Slightly rude and dismissive, yep, but not to the extent of being any big deal. I thought I kept my posting as brief as possible while hopefully adequately expressing my thoughts.
-----------------------------------------------------
"There's no compulsion in play. I check out the photos and story from the trip expecting to see nice photos (which I did), and then I was perturbed at some of what I saw."

I'm often wrong, but it does sometime seem that your postings to tend to be critical of others. I know I haven't been appointed as the official judge of others peoples actions. And with that, I'll not further judge your actions and butt out of this thread
-----------------------------------------------------

And another hearty welcome to the new guy!

Edited to correct a minor typo and to admit that yes I judged, expecially in this second post. It seemed I was being asked by Kathy to elaborate on my earlier post and respond to her response, so I did. I shouldn't judge either. "Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged." So I guess I'm fair game now.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Oi