Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Punatics!
Upon delving a bit further, I've learned that Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalaniana‘ole was the prime mover of the Hawaiian Homelands Commission Act, while serving in Congress. He seems like an amazing man and I intend to read more about his life.
Aloha William,

Welcome!

Dont worry there is just a small learning curve just like anywhere else.... and most Hawaiians will be happy to instruct you gently about the correct way if you goof. Very welcoming and warm hearted people.

(its only us malihini that get our knickers twisted and scold! In fact scold, admonish, and incorrect are some words that are not even translatable into Hawaiian.[Big Grin])

Good luck and e komo mai.

-Cat

Thanks for the welcome K-Cat! Our experience was just as you said, Hawaiians were all very warm hearted and welcoming to us! In fact, the only time we really crossed paths with someone was when we were WAY WAAAAYY off the beaten path looking at a remote parcel and a woman came barreling up in her 4-runner tryin' to figure out what we were doin... She told us we "had to leave immediately!" After my wife defused the conversation we found out she was just another transplant from San Diego who had every intention of tryin' to scare newcomers out of her neighborhood. By the end of the talk we were all friends, she invited us up the road to check out her homestead!

William DeBoe
Delray Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
Amazing...