Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good neighbors
Not exactly Puna, but nice to see one of our PWebbers (Hotzcatz) getting mention for being a good neighbor.

Article

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
This story is a sad one for the owner, but so glad no one inside the home. Thanks to Hotzcatz for helping a neighbor out and David, thanks for the mention of this worthy story.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Sheesh! One tiny line of print in the newspaper and you wouldn't believe the amount of folks who noticed it! Of course we were helping the neighbors! We like our neighbors and we can't let them burn up! I'm sure everyone here would have done the same thing.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu219...efire4.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu219...efire1.jpg

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

Kurt Wilson
I thought David made a mistake (for some reason I thought the last name starts with H).
Cathy,thank you for being a good neighbor.I always new it from your posts.
This actually goes beyond being just a good neighbor.
Very sad story.Hopefully the insurance will pay enough to rebuild.

Whatever you assume,please
just ask a question first.
SH - you ASSUMED I made a mistake - oh the horror....Smile

Dr Keeney also happens to be our personal physician.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Sorry,David.A while ago I e-mailed Cathy and got the reply.
That's where I had the idea that her last name starts with "H".Anyway,since Cathy responded ..

Whatever you assume,please
just ask a question first.
I don't think Tawn had insurance. He's starting planning the new house and it's on a really tight budget and it will be smaller than the one that burned. I'll be doing the drafting for him, so we will be keeping it economical but nice. Not that he needs a house the size of what that one was anymore since no more kids at home. He had also just put on a new roof and redone the floors in the house that burned so that was particularly sad especially since he'd put a lot of money into it that he could have used for the new house.

He is kinda excited about building a new house, I think that's a good thing since it keeps him from mourning the loss of his old house as much. He's lived there for fifteen years and the fire also damaged a lot of the landscaping, too. Sigh! Well, a year from now, he should have a new lovely house to live in we hope.

Kurt Wilson

Kurt Wilson