Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adults Displaying Childlike Behavior On-line.
Wao nahele kane - any idea which telescope Tom C works for? There's a massive community that's involved in making the telescopes work and not that many work at the summit, so I don't know all of them.

Tom
"I would “speculate” Tom is a Geologist at best"

"Please defend your statement about Tom K being a 'professional scientist".

"TomK, I don't know what your particular discipline is, but I know it is not remotely affiliated with the technology discussed in this thread."

Wow, spectacularly wrong on all counts. I may have mixed up your quotes, but since you're operating as a tag team now, I think that's reasonable.

"that are most often nothing more than baseless speculation."
Here's some baseless speculation for you, courtesy of Jungle Man:

The other bird was using a spectral analyzer. That instrument analyzes the light spectrum emanating from the vegetation and sorts out the element levels in the collected data effectively determining if there’s a cannabis chemical composition signature and giving the location of the exact plant.

And yet Jungle Lady says:
"As for that particular technology being used in Puna, your guess is as good as mine."

You two should get together and compare notes sometime.
Paul W,

Great evasive maneuvering to keep from answering my questions to you, and from explaining your own statements on this thread. Have you read my posts? I have never stated that this technology is being used in Puna, only that it appears to exist and be in use, and that it does not use sound waves. Kane thinks it's being used now. Are you saying that I have to agree with everything Kane has stated? Wow...

BTW, Kane and I live together. We have discussed this at length.

In my particular field of expertise, inspection technologies are constantly being refined for current and new applications. If this technology is still in use in Canada for cannabis, in addition to other countries, it is indeed a possibility that it might be used here one day, if it isn't already.

I was questioning your use of the modifier 'professional' for Tom's occupation as a scientist. I've typically only seen that modifier used for athletes.
Wahine

Lead by example
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

I have to admit, Wao, I didn't notice, but I do now! If both of you are ever at the summit of Mauna Kea let me know, I'll be happy to show you both some of the technology I work with!

Greg - I think the solution is to cover your entire yard with a large tinfoil hat. That'll fool them, trust me.

Tom

I would be very interested in seeing the technology. Thank you for your offer! We'll let you know when we decide to head up that way.

BTW, your dislike of the term 'hyperspectral' amuses me from the standpoint that there are terms coined in my industry that are also a bit nonsensicalto those of us on my end. I think the software folks or marketing folks came up with some of the names.
Wahine

Lead by example
What is the point? My take on all this is much ado about nothing. Sort of intellectual masturbation or on line sex, which by the way, I only have an image of. Not much point in regards to Puna.

Dan
Why doesn't the "Posse Comitatus Act" apply?

Has it been repealed?

It prohibits our military and national Guard from doing police work against American citizens, if I recall correctly.
Professional = participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs

Jungle Man seems to like coming onto this forum from time to time and making ridiculous statements which he can't back up, but will nevertheless never back down from.

Good luck to you both.
PaulW,
Get over it, once again you got the axe. The "claim" is backed.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Professional = participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs

Jungle Man seems to like coming onto this forum from time to time and making ridiculous statements which he can't back up, but will nevertheless never back down from.

Good luck to you both.

I know the definition of 'professional'. It wasn't necessary to use the modifier in front of the word scientist. You didn't use it in front of the word 'farmer' when you used that profession with derogatory intent.

Right back at you with the good luck. Loosen up.

Wahine

Lead by example
It's like debating with children.