Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good place to have a coctail party in Hilo?
The view from the upper oceanside floors of Hilo Hawaiian is unbeatable anywhere...the ocean, Hilo Bay, Coconut Island, Mauna Kea, sunrise, sunset.....
It just occurred to me that Sky Garden Restaurant at Imiloa might be an option, so I checked their website:
http://www.imiloahawaii.org/24/planning-an-event

It appears they are very much event oriented, but you can only get exclusive use when the exhibits are closed -- which is not Friday. I was up there for lunch during graduation week and saw big parties celebrating. Again, it would not be BYOB or food.

The thing is, any room you reserve where they aren't selling you food and drink they will charge you at least a hundred dollars, plus you have to bring everything in, set up the bar, have someone pouring (unless it is a free for all), then clean up and truck it all out. Lots of work.

Of course if you are paying for 100% of the beverages for 25 people that could get expensive, so I see the dilemma.
Thanks
Kelena's place !!! Oh wait ... : )

aloha,
pog
Gosh, pog. Who would want to have a party at an old plantation house with a broken refrigerator where all that nice Irish butter is melted like that cake out in the rain in McArthur's Park? But I suppose if someone insists. But you know, friends first before you come make a party at my house! I mean it this time.

Me ke aloha pumehana.

Kelena
Kelena ALWAYS makes me laugh...unless he makes me think