Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado in Oklahoma
/friend to the Punaweb Forum, Nancy Fryhover, lives in Moore Oklahoma, which was hit this afternoon by a 1 mile wide, 200 mph tornado. Nancy and her husband John spent the winter here and just left for Moore in March. Keep good thoughts that they are okay. there are 10 confirmed deaths, many injuries and absolute devastation in this small suburb of Oklahoma city.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Death toll now confirmed up to 37... and I can not reach Nancy

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Death toll up past fifty. Geez. I hope they are okay.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by pslamont

Death toll now confirmed up to 37... and I can not reach Nancy

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

According to an article about the tornado on Yahoo, you can check to see if friends or family survived the tornado by searching on safeandwell.org (If the survivor has registered). You will need either the phone number or the address of the person(s) you are searching for. Hope that helps.

Wahine
Wahine

Lead by example
You can see a slide show of the devastation in Moore, Oklahoma here. Scary stuff. Lava you can outrun. A tornado? Not so easy to do:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20...de=2477878

Very sad. Sending good thoughts to Nancy and John. They have a lot of family in the area too.

I asked Nancy to post here if she could as she and John were loved by many here.
having lived there for several years, there are many hurricane shelters every few blocks and most long term residents have their own. i think nancy knows how to be prepared. the phones will probably be out for some time. that said, the destruction of homes is terrible and it is always worse for trailer homes. sending nancy and john my prayers and thoughts...
I Just heard that the meteorologists got on the radio advising people to get in their cars and run. They said even the storm shelters wouldnt survive a direct hit. This looks really bad. I guess some shelters underground survived, but I dont know about anything else. I hope they are ok.
we are ok...property just debri...2 blocks away terrible...schools hit and children killed...very terrible...kinda in shock
house is ok ....debri in yard
Aloha Nancy,

Very glad to hear you escaped the direct impact of this tornado. When you have a chance let us know how your family is. Take care of what needs taking care of first of course.

Best wishes to Moore, Oklahoma and we all express our sorrow for the loss of life.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator