Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Else on PunaWeb Sick of This?
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

I read a forum in my old hometown in California and get really depressed. The other day a resident there drowned in the ocean. 80% of the posters were ridiculing the deceased, the lifeguards, each other and unrelated nonsense. It was really depressing. I am glad I am here. Punaweb is actually doing very well by comparison.

I first want to say I really appreciate what Rob provides with Punaweb. I still think its a great resource for the Big Island. We no longer live in Hilo (Waimea now) so I am not as invested in some of the specifically local topics.

But at the risk of being the "defender of the Mainland" I want to challenge Rob's example of comparing a California messageboard to Punaweb.

Since I come from basically Smallville, USA I think the attitudes Rob found have to do with population density rather than geography. And population density is something the Big Island doesn't have a problem with.

Cruel comments at an accidental death would be just as unheard of where I am from on the mainland. Compassion isn't a Hawaii exclusive.

Just want to throw this in since it seems its tempting to adopt a "better than" attitude living out here in the middle of the Pacific.

quote:
Originally posted by konadave

Being one of those that has been on the end of the attacks by others I mostly just lurk now. I will let those who have the desire and the ability to attack do so towards others.

I have a question to the OP (KR) : Do you think it's a good excuse to attack someone if you "admit that you are feeling cranky to-day"?

Whatever you assume,please
just ask a question first.
Keep up the good work Rob, positive wins over negativity any day with me. PunaWeb is what keeps me going right now, good/bad/indifferent, trying hard to focus on the good in life right now. And now I'm going to look at Noel's picture to brighten my day - aloha!

Dot
I mean to type Noel's website with all the beautiful flower pictures, http://aplantfanatic.blogspot.com

Take a trip and never leave the farm....
quote:
Originally posted by John S. Rabi

[quote][i]...while I have never ever called punaweb a "swamp" anywhere. Not that it matters, but you are correct with the "you know who you are."

Calling punaweb a swamp? Perhaps not, but apparently someone with real estate connections, or in the real estate profession, posted the following on an anti-punaweb thread on another similar site:

"I only post in real estate related threads there, but I might see the day when the turds will challenge me on that too!"

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem - whoever that poster was...
A couple of the posts in this thread... Perhaps Mr Burns said it best: "Oh wad some power the giftie gie us
To see oursel’s as others see us!"

Not like we haven't seen this a few times before, fortunately it settles down and we get back to friendly sharing. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
There are a couple of people on Puna Online who don't miss a chance to post in those anti-PW threads where our forum and Rob being insulted.
You know who you are.May be you personally didn't say those words but you were a part of cheering crowd. You have no shame coming back here.
It's like insulting a person in public and then coming to the party in his house to solicit business from his guests.
I can't believe I started a thread lamenting that every PunaWeb thread seems to digress into a name-calling, insult throwing mud fight...and even in this thread, the insults and mud are being flung. This is just sad.
yep like I said

"Don't feed the trolls"

Eventually they WILL. Crawl back under the bridge. [Big Grin]
Been on Punaweb for almost three years (where DID the time go?) and sure have learned a lot.
I'm one of several moderators for a forum of about 40,000 members and I'm not nearly as lenient as Rob is. [Big Grin]
Puna: Our roosters crow first