Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People are strange
Well my fiance and I just moved here from Oahu and we've been doing a lot of work on our property so we've been staying pretty close by to Leilani Estates- like Pahoa mostly. What's up with the people around here? My fiance got the finger from a motorcyclist and yelled at by one of the neighbors for speeding when he was actually going slower that the speed limit. We've been nothing but nice to everyone. We smile and wave hello and we bring with us our aloha from Oahu, and we get the finger. We know it's not everyone, we've made a home out of Sirius Coffee. The people there are very nice. I guess no matter where you go, you'll find strange people.

Its funny, I hear that from people now and then, but I've never experienced it -- maybe I'm just blind to it. Let it roll off your back, once people have seen you around a few times, you'll be a part of the ohana.

John Dirgo, R, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.hawaiirealproperty.com
John Dirgo, R, PB, EcoBroker, ABR, e-PRO
Aloha Coast Realty, LLC
808-987-9243 cell
http://www.alohacoastrealty.com
http://www.bigislandvacationrentals.com
http://www.maui-vacation-rentals.com
Hope you are enjoying yourselves so far !

We are completing our new home in Leilani, so I hope it wasn't us that yelled at you Smile !!!

Our first week, we encountered local wacko's , but not a peep from them since. So ignore them and they will go away.

Good luck with your work and keep up your Aloha !!!

Greg

quote:
Well my fiance and I just moved here from Oahu and we've been doing a lot of work on our property so we've been staying pretty close by to Leilani Estates- like Pahoa mostly. What's up with the people around here? My fiance got the finger from a motorcyclist and yelled at by one of the neighbors for speeding when he was actually going slower that the speed limit. We've been nothing but nice to everyone. We smile and wave hello and we bring with us our aloha from Oahu, and we get the finger. We know it's not everyone, we've made a home out of Sirius Coffee. The people there are very nice. I guess no matter where you go, you'll find strange people.

I myself moved here six months ago with my family from Kapahulu. We have not encountered any BS here yet. As a matter of fact, my wife and I were talking just last night about how friendly the people are over here that work in the "service industry"!?!!!? Walmart is a perfect example. At the Walmart in Honolulu,nobody there smiled at us when we are at checkout stand. But here in Hilo, everybody is ready to give you the shirt off their backs!?!? I find this kinda service everywhere I travel here on Big Island!

Now as far as you folks getting yelled at in your neighborhood going what you perceive is below speed limit. Let me ask you this? Where you live, are your roads paved? If no, that could be the reason for the middle finger. I live in HPP, and all the side roads with the exception of 28th Ave. are all cinder roads. I drive down the side roads extremely slow. Why? Because if I don't all that red cinder dust ends up in all the houses I just went by. So, if you have cinder roads around you, this could be one reason for "stink eye", or "da finger",perhaps you need to slow it down even more?

Oh by the way, welcome to the Big Island! Where on Oahu did you folks live? Did you buy your house here? It is the main reason we moved here, we couldn't afford a house on Oahu! Hell, I was paying $1500.00 a month in rent for a house that was less than 700 sq ft! It was over 60 yrs old, and on top of that I paid utilities too!!! I felt trapped, yet I couldn't really buy anything what I'd term as nice. I didn't want to live in Pearl City, or Salt Lake, or Kalihi. Nor did I want to live at any of the nice places along Makaha side. So when market started to go soft last year, I jumped on first plane to Hilo and took the family property/home shopping..

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
You guys are living the dream. I currently live on O`ahu and hope to move there someday. Sometimes i find a place on Craigslist and stay over there for a week or 2. Bring the dog and really relax. In the next 5 years i hope...