Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Shore's speed bumps
quote:
Originally posted by Gray Cat

It amazes me how people spend time blogging and making mountains out of molehills. What a waste of time! Go out an dig a hole and plant a tree. Better yet, go to the new Ocean Park and dig a hole and plant a native plant. That way you might look around and realize that the grass "paspalum" is a Hawaiian native, the naupaka planted along the borders is native,and the hala, milo, and fan palms are all natives! Obviously someone doesn't know their native plants! The new park is a vast improvement over the non native highly combustable gunpowder trees and other weeds that inhabited the parcel previously as it had been allowed to grow up in an impenetrable jumble (not jungle!). Recovering the park is a work in progress. Meantime the park is being enjoyed by many people!

Sorry this response took so long, but had to make sure I was correct. The grass planted at the park "Seashore paspalum" (AKA Paspalum vaginatum)is NOT native to Hawaii. It is native to East Central South America, from Argentina through Uruguay and into Brazil. It has been brought to Hawaii for golf course grass as it is highly salt tolerant. Check it out at http://grove.ufl.edu/~turf/turfcult/ralish.html

The red ti plants aren't native either. The ti plant is not native to Hawaii, but is considered culturally significant as a "canoe plant". (meaning it was brought here by the Polynesians) Haven't seen any loulu or milo, but the naupaka and hala are there. But they were there in greater abundance before the area was decimated to make room for the "paspalum". Now come on and admit that many "native hala" trees were bulldozed and hauled off as green waste.

Sorry Rob, I just had to set the record straight on the natives!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
Oops forgot...wasn't there also a lot of native hau (not gunpowder trees) across from your house before the bulldozers came...
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein
quote:
Originally posted by ishkabibble

Honking the horn sound very childish. I would hope you could come up with something better than that. Why don't the HSCA members post on HSCA FACE BOOK and maybe brain storm the ideal for a solution instead of b****'n on the Puna web.

Would that negatively affect you? Seems like doing things for your own benefit without thinking about negative consequences for your neighbors or anyone else would be rather childish. The ideal solution would be to let the highway traffic flow, if you don't like living on a highway then move. Did you do any studies to find out the amount of traffic or the average speed? Or did you just decide it was unsafe? Anybody ever been hit by a car on Papio?
quote:

@ HSCA MEMBERSHIP, WHERE WAS THE OUT CRY WHEN THE FORMER BOD SPENT OVER $100,000 ON WATER METER WE DID'N NEED AND LIE TO THE MEMBERSHIP ABOUT WHY WE NEEDED THEM, MAYBE CRITTERLOVERS KNOWS.
YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME, BUT YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME. DON'T MATTER WHO IS ON THE BOD SOMEBODY WILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM.
MAYBE STOP SIGNS WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER SOLUTION. OR MAYBE BECOME A GATED COMMUNITY FROM OPELU DOWN.

Gated community? Are you serious? Who do you think you are? and where do you think you are living? I think its time for you to move to a community to better fits your needs. Why would you want a gated community? are there people here that you don't want in this community? Can you describe to me the people you want to keep out? Maybe we should build our own private grocery store too, one that always has your favorite kind of bread so you don't need to have a tantrum when they don't have it.
quote:

Honking the horn sound very childish. I would hope you could come up with something better than that. Why don't the HSCA members post on HSCA FACE BOOK and maybe brain storm the ideal for a solution instead of b****'n on the Puna web.

Honking the horn is NOT childish. I wish a lot more could be done to the the people responsible. It is amazing to me that people think they are not responsible for there actions. THEY ARE and there will be consequences. Absolutely NOTHING good came from these speed bumps. There are only negatives and they are severe. It is obvious to me that the bumps where put in SELFISHLY, to only benefit a couple people. Kind of like a park, located right next to another park, put right in front of the presidents house. Ishkabibble, you think this should be a gated community? I sure hope YOU never become president.
quote:
Originally posted by afwjam

quote:

Seriously? No SERIOUSLY? This Board denied the freedoms of speech to their membership by not allowing a forum to express their concerns. There is NO HSCA Facebook sanctioned by the seated Board. They couldn't handle the truth.

Would that negatively affect you? Seems like doing things for your own benefit without thinking about negative consequences for your neighbors or anyone else would be rather childish. The ideal solution would be to let the highway traffic flow, if you don't like living on a highway then move. Did you do any studies to find out the amount of traffic or the average speed? Or did you just decide it was unsafe? Anybody ever been hit by a car on Papio?
No studies were done. You are asking these fine folk to think about their neighbors? Hahaha. Their arrogance and actions precedes them.

@ Afwjam, Mabe you should move if you don't like it. Who do you think you are to tell people to move. You don't own HSCA. Looks like HSCA don't fit your needs more that it don't fit mine. You are the one who don't like the speed bumps and the traffic not me. I have no problem with the bump or the traffic. I bought my house on a side street to avoid the traffic. Did you think with 1200 lots in HSCA that the main roads would be quite forever. I don't see you putting any ideal out there. Honking the horn will not solve your problem, and I don't want to keep anybody out the more the merrier. the more input the more solutions. I'm not the one who complain about the crackheads and scumbags driving through the hood checking out the home. If you don't want to keep them out I'm good with that. By the way I make my own bread. I can't build a grocery store it's against the bylaw, and If I could I would then I wouldn't have to pay the high prices at Malama Market.
@ Edmond just to let you know I said maybe not should, If you and AFWJAM think it is a bad ideal why didn't you just say so and explain why instead of going all ape s***. It's not the first time I had a bad ideal and not my last. GOOD LORD I'm only human.
Good night Afwjam, hope the traffic don't keep you up! ZOOM, ZOOM.

I have a good idea, no speed bumps so the traffic stays on the highway. Why would we want to divert highway traffic into a neighborhood? I do not have a problem with traffic, there will be more and more, and it should continue to use the highway to get to its destination. How does this not make sense to you? What is the benefit of the speed bumps and who are they benefitting? How was it determined that they were in the interest of the HSCA? There are plenty of negatives. I keep asking if anyone was hit on Papio by a car, let alone a speeding car.(I know the answer is no.) I am sure some animals have died on the highway, but there are many more in the neighborhood. What are the benefits, and do the benefits out weigh the negatives for the community and the people trying to get through on the highway? How about ambulance access to the government road? Is that better now? How about answering any of the many questions I have asked instead of deflecting.
afwjam I hope you get answers to your questions but sincerely doubt you will. Babble will continue to hone and hold all things perceived as rotten including the high prices at Malama will be the fault of a previous Board. Your thinking process wreaks havoc with the single firing synapse of the bread baker. When you argue with a fool be sure he isn't doing the same thing. Honking in strong support!
quote:

@ HSCA MEMBERSHIP, WHERE WAS THE OUT CRY WHEN THE FORMER BOD SPENT OVER $100,000 ON WATER METER WE DID'N NEED AND LIE TO THE MEMBERSHIP ABOUT WHY WE NEEDED THEM, MAYBE CRITTERLOVERS KNOWS.
YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME, BUT YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME. DON'T MATTER WHO IS ON THE BOD SOMEBODY WILL FIND SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM.
MAYBE STOP SIGNS WOULD HAVE BEEN A BETTER SOLUTION. OR MAYBE BECOME A GATED COMMUNITY FROM OPELU DOWN.

No maybe people like you and the whiners including the President whom lives on Papio should move. Who the hell do you people think you are putting the bumps up on a highway that is not owned by HSCA?

You people make me sick you all walk around with your darn noses in the air trying to act like you own the subdivision. No one owns it. The President and the other whining people that live on Papio had no right putting in those bumps.

It was put there for themselves and so was that stupid ugly looking park. With no native plants might I add. Now traffic is going up and down Puna coastal pkwy at even 2 and 3 in the morning every darn few minutes.

The plan with the bumps was obviously to keep this drug traffic away from her house. I am so sick of all you people who live around here with their noses in the air. You are not superstars so stop giving people the stink eye.

Honking our horns? Yes we should all do it and irritate the President just as how she has made it irritating for some of us that now has this crummy traffic driving by our homes.

Also to whoever stated that there are no druggies down at the back roads just fishermen. Two words to you BULL S*&*%. I have seen people lighting it up back there in the damn broad daylight. Do not even try to back these people up.

If I may say so I moved into the Shores a year ago thinking it would be nice to place to live. Boy, was I wrong my neighbors and the President seems to act like a bunch of snotty little bratty crybaby kid’s! Thank goodness I don’t own my home.

I would never recommend anyone buying a home or property for that matter here in the Shore’s. The park with the pool is set up for homeowners only. What the hell is up with that? Anyway wouldn’t want to be in the pool after the snot’s being floating in it!!