Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keaau Christmas Parade
OK, just about show time for the 3rd annual COOKIE EXCHANGE! Hope there will be a lot of brave Punatics that will come out and enjoy the evening even if there is some rain.

Thanks to Kathy W, we'll have plenty milk and cups. She is going to bring some whipped cream too! Someone else is bringing some mini marshmallows also.

I'll be setting up early on Saturday, so we can have the best spot possible that will allow for enough room for all the pop-ups. I'm really getting excited for the fun to be had and hope there is a great turnout!

A little recap:

Parade starts at the other end of town at 5:30 so plan your arrival so you can get a place to park and place to put your chair.
Be sure to bring a couple batches of cookies to share.
Bring a container that is suitable to take leftovers home(the exchange part)
If you don't care for coco, bring your own beverage of choice.(I like the peppermint schnapps in the coco!!)
Also, bring a friend if you like. I think there will be plenty room for more to share in the fun!

Mele Kalikimaka!!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

Carey & Jim can bring a pot of decaf & will probably bring a cooler of home made lilikoi-leamonade & maybe some guacamole...if the avos finish up in time....& some chips for snacking.... or something.... & the box (plates & such) & some zipper bags for those that forget a container...& popup & tables & chairs & lights & ....

BTW: Does anyone out there have one of those 6' plastic topped grey legged tables with Jim & Carey markered on the bottom??? we have one that is not named & would like to trade back (unless you like having a table with our names ;~)
I shouldn't be reading this [Sad!]

Yeah I'm jealous....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

I shouldn't be reading this [Sad!]

Yeah I'm jealous....

What, you're not on island EF?? Goin ta miss da fun brah!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

I tried, but I really cannot bake --or broil, or boil, or fry, or do anything that resembles cooking (I will bring cookies baked by a professional). Is there anything else needed? And, oh where do people park?
Glad you're going to be there!! Come by early and scope the area out. No telling how busy it's going to be. Be sure to say hi! I'll be working with the coco!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

About what time do folks start showing up?

Dayna

www.JasonAndBlue.com
My artwork
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
And where do you park? I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but the weatherman says it's going to rain heavily today and tonight. I sure hope they're wrong. Keeping our fingers crossed it won't.
The cookie exchange will be across from the Keaau Village Market Parking (the little farmers market) and above the new 7-11&76 (or the old 76) station and below the judging review stands. The parade starts at Keaau HS at 5:30, and the roads on the route (Keaau-Pahoa & part of Old Volcano) are closed just before & during the parade, so plan to be there before...well by 5 it is CROWDED! There are already people setting up, and if you want to help decorate & snack & visit, show up even earlier... mid afternoon things should start getting going...

Parking may be available in the market & shopping center,if you do not mind walking 2 blocks, we have parking at our house on Milo & Ohe (Milo is below the 7-11&76 station)

Rain? There will be pop-ups shelter for the viewers, so if the parade is going by, you can stay dry!
Thinking of you guys...
It's a out ready to rain toads here north of Hilo and the power is out.
Hope it is better in Kea'au!
It's so cold and windy that I even closed the windows, which Is rare.
I pity the people in the parade if they aren't in raingear or in a vehicle.

Mele Kalikimaka to all!

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs