Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State warns HPP for dust violation
After reading John Luchau's post I googled chip seal. That may be the treatment our road received. If it was it was a thicker version than what I saw in the pics when I googled. I grant that HPP gets much more rain than I do here. However, during certain times of the year our rain rivals that received by HPP. Normally there will be several times during the year when large sections of the pavement are submerged. I understand that it may be too late to try this process in HPP but maybe it should be revisited due to this current situation. I would be happy if my street (3rd) received the treatment, although I don't currently reside there.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
The dust is hideous on 3rd. Been trying to grow a hedge, but one of my kids will cough till they puke. ( there was no real estate discloser on living mauka of the road) I haven't complained because I figured that's the ways it is. But if the whiners get their road paved with my money it's lawer time ( and I will to find a way to make it heard in fed court so I can bring NY Lawyers in to ripp them a New one)
I don't think it would be good to do a "witch hunt" for the complainers. The reason the dust was kicked up so much on those dry days on my road is because traffic was diverted from Maku'u to Paradise because of tree trimming on Maku'u. All Maku'u mauka traffic was sent down one dusty road without any warning to the residents along the road. Very surprising to see so much traffic on an otherwise minimal traffic (during school break) road. The dust was terrible only because it hadn't been raining for a bit. The older residents with paranoia and/or respiratory ailments really had legitimate complaints without knowing why there was so much traffic. I don't blame them. That was three days of aggravation.

John
John
Aloha Seeb,
Just a suggestion.
Enforcement of the 15mph speed limit on your dusty side road would be a great help wouldn't it? Call the office at 966-4500 if you think they can help.

John
John
Seems like a water truck might be a smart purchase for HPP.
They have a driver on staff, No?
I think another employee would be necessary during the dry season. I would imagine non stop watering would be necessary. Of course you could use the Russell Bliss method used in Times Beach Mo. That would keep the dust down much longer.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Hmmm I find it interesting the state can tress-pass on private roads that they don't own or maintain. What do they (the state) care if my driveway is creating tons of dust? They don't have any jurisdiction over a 'PRIVATE' subdivision any more than your private driveway.

If I lived in HPP I'd tell the state to go stick it. What does 'private' roads and subdivision mean if the state is just gonna mandate every little issue. If that's the case make the state pave the roads and spend some money to deal with the problem.

If I were the state I'd be very happy to collect all the taxes from all these private subdivisions and don't have to maintain the roads, grass, bushes, trees, etc...etc... or provide any "REAL" fire, ambulance, police, bus, mail, water, etc...etc... services. That brings another point since they are collecting all these taxes ... Where is it all going? Certainly not maintaining the roads.... I guess Billy when he gets re-elected can afford another ticket with his wife to other exotic places. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

Seems like a water truck might be a smart purchase for HPP.
They have a driver on staff, No?

No
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
I saw a water truck spray water on the dead end of 29th after it was graded last week. I don't know who the truck belonged to.
Obscure Times Beach reference , but you can hold the PCBs on mine

I guess im just pissed off in general at the b.s. that goes on here. some of it is beyond just wrong. and i know this is not the best place to discus these thing because you actually have to be living here to understand the frustration. but there is nowhere else to vent. and going to the general meetings are useless because unless your holding a lot of lots and the vote that comes with each you have no say. and anywise the board ignore it if the meeting does pass something