Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Beach Road
Four wheel drive, Hawaiian Paradise Park to Hawaiian Beaches. Nothing quite as satisfying. Like Jurassic Park. Four miles of total fun, then score a fresh Aku and Ahi for sashimi dinner tonight. Did I sayI just L O V E Puna? So sad Saturday I must return to mainlnd California. Oh well my time here has been awsome. This really IS a magical blessed place! Including my lovely nene pair who spent the beter part our ten days right here with us
A hui hou
Scored also on this trip n the Pahoa Village Marketplace fresh eggs from a guy riding a bicycle with a chicken on his shoulder anyone know this guy he made our day!
Sounds like the "chicken man". He has silky chickens, which look different than regular ones. They are all fluffy and even have fluffy feathers on their feet.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
That trail is amazing, fun to take the motorcycle through there.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Yes you met the chicken man. His chickens are very mellow...always with him. LOL!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Yep that was him. His chicken was a silky we spoke to him and held his chicken then purchased a half dozen of his eggs, very friendly character. My daughter and I raise chickens in California, we are missing them at this moment so seeing and talking to the chicken man was a heart warming experience for us [Smile]
His name is Tom. Nice fellow. Very much into his Silkies.

riverwolf
riverwolf
chicken guys name is "just-Tom", usually lives at the front of "The Shire" just outside of Pahoa going towards Kalapana on right side

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
I just love Waa Waa! My favorite spot on the island. The signifigant other and I joke around about making some cut out dinosaur heads and put them poking out of the jungle along Gov't Beach Road. It'd be a good laugh. It's an amazing area, isn't it!?!

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!