Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website for watching incoming north swells
harrysserver.com/buoy.html

My favorite time of the year. Northerly swell sources. I love to watch the weather that creates the swells, and then watch the swells get closer, until they're finally here, or not Sad

Just starting to put this page together. Many improvements will be coming. I'll work on having it up all season.

I hope other people enjoy wave watching as much as I do Smile
look'in forward to this site...mahalo
You know what's really interesting? The NW swells that actually hit the Kona side. Those usually have to have a high degree of west in them.
bluesboy, you mean they come under Niihau? Like South Point and Banyons? Or they make it past Maui and hit the northern part of the west end? We've seen some impressive sets at the south end of Alii dr, which made it south of the smaller islands. And, once, I've seen some massive sets just north of Kawaihae, but that seems rare. We're next to Kahakai park, facing 30N. We get a little from 330 degrees, but it starts to kick in at 350 degrees through 100 degrees. Did you get to see the south shore light up on Friday?
Usually any swell less than 305 or so will squeak into Kona. The more west, the higher up the coast they will reach. I've seen swells with a lot of west in them reach into kawaihae and even mahukona.
Here comes our swell, Hilo buoy just hit 6' @ 17 seconds. I'd expect a high surf advisory for north and east facing shores of the Big Island.
is the site live harry?
Frank, yes it is. I originally had a misspelling. Oops. the url at the top of this page is now the correct one.
hey harry, what do I put in front of this harrysserver.com/buoy.html to get to your site? Thanks
http://harrysserver.com/buoy.html