Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
That story in the tribune was incredible but the comments from his family even more so. The police in Puna seem to be useless for anything but pot and traffic tickets. Maybe it's time for the FBI to get involved with Puna and clean all the **** up. I mean really, three days to go see the crime scene?
"What ? And get my car dirty ??"
To the woman delivering phonebooks who saw a man on May 30 who resembled the missing man Bo Johnson, please contact the parents and family of this man. They are staying in Hilo and are looking for him. Let them know what you saw and where. There was a news article about them yesterday with their names. A link to the article was inserted in an earlier post. Maybe then, something will happen. Thanks!
Maybe one of the neighborhood watch groups could start a missing persons bulletin board,

does anyone know how to do that on a site that you can post pictures?
There is an email address in this media release for the detective who is handling the case. Maybe try that? I got it from www.hawaiipolice.com.

Media Release (update No. 3)

Hawaiʻi Island police are renewing their request for information about a 22-year-old Alaska man who was reported missing.

Boaz D. Johnson of Petersburg, Alaska, last spoke to his family at noon on May 27.

Johnson is also wanted for questioning in connection with the death of 25-year-old Brittany-Jane Royal, whose body was found May 28 in waters off Kalapana. Royal and Johnson had reportedly been camping together before her death, which is being investigated as a murder.

Johnson is described as Caucasian, 5-foot-6 or 5-foot-7, 145 pounds with short brown hair and blue eyes.

Police ask that anyone with information on his whereabouts contact Detective Fetuutuunai Amuimuia at 961-2278 or famuimuia@co.hawaii.hi.us.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 961-8300 in Hilo or 329-8181 in Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.
Print This Post
This is Bo's family on Big Island. If you have any information please help us.

Message Phone: 808-333-9341
That is the middle of nowhere. If a person was scared and hiding....

There must be a spigot up there or a catchment system. Whoever that was.... will probably be going back.
while it may seem like there are no houses up Upper Puna Road, there are a few out there even past where one might think there are any! The dirt road fizzles out at the lava fields. It is a very rural area and if someone wanted to hide themselves or if someone wanted to hide a body I am sure that one could be very easily hidden in that jungle! With the woman's body being found in the water, if Bo was also a victim I would think both bodies were disposed of in the same manner/same place. I am sorry to say that I think he was a victim, I feel he would have contacted his family by now under the circumstances instead of trying to hide out.

My heart goes out to his family, either way. I know if it were myself looking for my child, I would leave no stone unturned! I hope they find out what happened.
islandgirl
quote:
Originally posted by coppercoin40

while it may seem like there are no houses up Upper Puna Road, there are a few out there even past where one might think there are any! The dirt road fizzles out at the lava fields. It is a very rural area and if someone wanted to hide themselves or if someone wanted to hide a body I am sure that one could be very easily hidden in that jungle! With the woman's body being found in the water, if Bo was also a victim I would think both bodies were disposed of in the same manner/same place. I am sorry to say that I think he was a victim, I feel he would have contacted his family by now under the circumstances instead of trying to hide out.

My heart goes out to his family, either way. I know if it were myself looking for my child, I would leave no stone unturned! I hope they find out what happened.

I agree with this. I regret to say that the theory he is hiding out is mostly about keeping hope alive for his family. Few others would come to such a conclusion.
He could have ran from the murderer(s) and be lost in the jungle or lava fields. It sounds like he had good relationship with family so I don't think he would be hiding out of touch with them purposely. I hope he is found so that he can shed light on what happened, or closure can be had.
islandgirl