Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
Absolutely. Just don't automatically rule out other theory s.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Kalapana Cultural Tours is an incredible company made up of sincere families full of Aloha and kindness. Local people and tourists alike love this company -- born and raised in the area or not! The fact that this innocent and hard-working company is intertwined with this tragic murder is outrageous and heartbreaking because they have more heart than most anybody. I live in the Kalapana area and this company has nothing against me having property and white skin: In fact, they offer neighborly support and an open door to their hale. As a local person of Puna, I have first-handedly known guides to give water to people LOST out on the lava (when they trespassed illegally and without a guide) and lead these people back to civilization, or on other occasions such as holidays or during frequent family events (because this business is very family orientated and will gladly take a day off to be with loved ones), recommend to tourists interested in a lava adventure other legal tour groups (aka with insurance PLUS permission to cross private property) to promote equal business and opportunity. I urge the families of all involved to understand that this company is ALL about FAMILY and spreading ALOHA.

Those who have read the 'Revealed' series by Andrew Doughty know that this author lacks respect for Hawaii's land and people. Exposing and exploiting the land of Hawaii - or what is left of the exotic/unrevealed places - is not smart, right, nor respectful. He insisted on questioning various tour companies and the police whom all gave him the same response: too dangerous + private property. There is no report of 'the other side' of this negative moment with Mr. Doughty, however there are hundreds of POSITIVE reports on this company from true accounts (not to be confused with fiction writing) that contradict this possibility he portrays.

I urge everyone to see the hundreds of positive reviews on this tour company and realize that THIS RUMOR IS A WEED fed by the media that just keeps growing but is completely FALSE. This company enhances the Puna area immensely. Soon the only thing REVEALED will be FACTS from a legitimate investigation which are most likely not published at this time as to not compromise the case.
Also, the major claims against the specific tour company have since been removed from the original media site where it was posted. NOT by the site, instead by the individual who posted it. Clearly the person who posted this must have realized they would be held accountable for such claims so they retracted their statement immediately. In other words, it was all a LIE. I hope we may all focus our efforts on FACTS like Opihipicker has also mentioned and squash the rumors.
Well, a woman was killed, the killer is unknown and among us, most likely. We can only hope that the investigation is progressing even though we don't hear about it anymore.
News? Updates? Bump!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
As Hope and News fades a lack of interest takes over with the general public. The case goes cold and the perp feels as if he's gotten away with murder. And this may embolden him/her to do it again. Scary situation.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
While this may play against the hopes of his family, I find it difficult imaging Boaz hiding out unseen for weeks in a land he is only lightly familiar with. For a fugitive to succeed here in evading capture a local support system of some kind is needed. As time passes the case for Boaz to be the second victim is enhanced.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Yep!

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
It was clear from the beginning that something very ugly had happened and many people wanted to cover for cultural backwardness and/or someone who had made a mistake and killed these kids. From the posts on the original Hawaii Tribune Herald Article, to punaweb, and the Big Island Chronicle... I'm sorry to have to say it this way, but many local people trying to divide up the haole people against each other, and having no concern for either of the dead young people or their families. These 2 kids obviously were Stupid to try to go against local people in business. They were completely naive. But just because they were Stupid, that was no reason to kill them. The young man and young woman's family never should have let themselves be divided. The mayor should have immediately put up a $100,000 reward the moment the homicide was revealed, if not, then the 2 families should have done so. The young woman's body should never have been released. I'm sorry for the young lady's parents who thought they were given what they called the Aloha treatment, but somebody needs to tell them the truth, that is the kind of Aloha reserved for special occasions. They tried to encroach on some local people's business turf, may have even offended some people purposefully or inadvertently, and they were killed for it. Now haole, make up your mind. What are you going to do?

You have explained and justified yourself as a racist piece of ****.

No local, make up your mind, what are you going to do?