Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
quote:
Originally posted by Britts MOM

The Yellow tent described in the forested area makai is the tent they stayed in. I know this to be true since we visited the area a few days after she was found and I know that the tent they stayed in is Yellow/Grey because her dad bought it for them when they visited in CA. You are correct about the other tent being miles away. The place that you marked on the map (based on the GPS coordinate) is not where their tent was. Their tent was right about where you have the land Bo was purchasing. Very close to the brushy area and the cliff.

That's what I figured, since there are very few places where there is vegetation makai of the lava flow. The actual coordinates there are approximately 19 20'29"N, 154 59'18"W.

quote:
Originally posted by ssshjar_johnson

So these tents were spaced far enough to wonder if this orange tent was involved at all. My question- why the police searched the orange tent. I think they did this because it was closest to the staging area. This tent could be anyone's, it could have nothing to do with this case, but it might. Could it have been a separate tent of just Brittany's. She was known to do yoga/meditation and to do these exercises in close proximity of the lava.

The search warrant says that the "orange tent" is where the clothesline and drag marks were. However the location they give is far out in the middle of the lava flow, with no trees. Given that the coordinates given for the "yellow tent" are over a mile from where it actually was, and it was elsewhere stated that that was their campsite, I have to wonder if they are actually referring to the same one, despite the discrepancies in the discovery dates. Confusing yellow and orange would already be the smallest error here! [edit: incorrect, due to misreading]
Sometimes I cannot help but wonder about the resources that are available. In this day and age of satellites crisscrossing above the earth there is real time imaging available to the US military,etc.; thus the federal government which as citizens is ours.
This tragedy as near as I can sort out from reading here happened in the wide open. Is there an eye in the sky that could have captured this in real time?
quote:
Originally posted by Minette

rumors are plenty, and that's all they are, rumors. We hear crime of passion, love triangle????

quote:
Originally posted by Hoaaloha

For the families of Bo and Brittany; I think it is important that you understand that things work very differently here within our police services and justice system than where you are from. It may be helpful for you to look at the work of Mayapple McCullough in victims advocacy here on the Big Island to see what it takes to get resolution and justice. I believe the Johnson's are right in not relying solely on the police in their efforts and taking a grass roots approach. I honestly think that a private investigator is needed. I feel certain that you would find many sympathetic souls who would contribute and participate in any fundraising efforts you might pursue toward this end. My heart goes out to you.

Well, I googled Mayapple McCullough and found an article from 2009 about her.
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...06015.html

Does anyone remember the name, Claude K. Krause?[Sad!] http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/sections...video.html

That same man was convicted of sexually assaulting McCullough a decade earlier! Mayapple was an advocate for the Ireland case. She lived in the WaaWaa area where Krause attacked her. She moved back to the mainland and in 2009, died of an undisclosed cause.

Hawaii should in no way be proud of their judicial system! So disgusting that violent criminals are driving our roads, riding the buses, walking the highways, residing next door to families.

I really have been trying hard to not post on this matter. But as you can see, I weakened a bit. [V]

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
The whole system of 'justice' here seems like every good old boy network anywhere else in the world. Less than enthusiastic officers and dont rock the boat judges. Just look at the instances of super lenient probation and minimal bail amounts. Not to mention the lethargic response times. Do not expect much and you might be pleased.

It may be a state but woah what a state its in!
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
I have started a memorial fund for Brittany. We appreciate the support and love. This is to help with memorial services, costs incurred to fly to Hawaii and possibly a PI.
Mahalo
Peace and Love
Julie
http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundra...oyal/74061
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

quote:
Originally posted by Britts MOM

The Yellow tent described in the forested area makai is the tent they stayed in. I know this to be true since we visited the area a few days after she was found and I know that the tent they stayed in is Yellow/Grey because her dad bought it for them when they visited in CA. You are correct about the other tent being miles away. The place that you marked on the map (based on the GPS coordinate) is not where their tent was. Their tent was right about where you have the land Bo was purchasing. Very close to the brushy area and the cliff.

That's what I figured, since there are very few places where there is vegetation makai of the lava flow. The actual coordinates there are approximately 19 20'29"N, 154 59'18"W.

quote:

So these tents were spaced far enough to wonder if this orange tent was involved at all. My question- why the police searched the orange tent. I think they did this because it was closest to the staging area. This tent could be anyone's, it could have nothing to do with this case, but it might. Could it have been a separate tent of just Brittany's. She was known to do yoga/meditation and to do these exercises in close proximity of the lava.

The search warrant says that the "orange tent" is where the clothesline and drag marks were. However the location they give is far out in the middle of the lava flow, with no trees. Given that the coordinates given for the "yellow tent" are over a mile from where it actually was, and it was elsewhere stated that that was their campsite, I have to wonder if they are actually referring to the same one, despite the discrepancies in the discovery dates. Confusing yellow and orange would already be the smallest error here!

I would like to interject right at you wrote that "orange tent...drag marks were"

(Search Warrant of the YELLOW AND GREY TENT, and surrounding area.

Citing the Search Warrant 2013-162; "That on May 30, 2013, at approximately 1110 hours, while walking along a recent lava flow approximately 100 yards south of the campsite, your affiant observed what appeared to be human hair and human tissue along the lava leading in the maki a direction. There also appeared to be drag marks and disturbance to the ground leading in the makai direction. "

I do not believe that it is possible that the detectives made that big of an error here in searching the TWO tents. Not only would they have mistaken the color, but they got the dimensions wrong, the GPS location wrong? Not to mention all the different items at the separate campsites. There were two tents. It is on paper. A Big Island lava local also called my sister the day Brittany was found, and told here that the police still hadn't found Bo and Brittany's tent. They didn't find it for two days. They found the ORANGE tent 28MAY2013, the day Brittany was found because it was in the immediate area and close to her body. They found the YELLOW/GREY tent on the 30MAY2013 because DAVIS and ELARTH guided the detectives to the tent.

(ORANGE tent campsite)"ALMEIDA and TODD
Citing the Search Warrant 2013-161; "Detectives also observed a recently used fire pit at this campsite.
quote:

I would like to interject right at you wrote that "orange tent...drag marks were"
Apologies, I got mixed up between the two in the previous post. That said, the coordinates are still clearly off by over a mile, at least in warrant 162; the ones they give are way out east of the subdivision. And since the orange tent site given is half a mile inland yet supposedly in "close proximity" to where her body was found (in the ocean), I suspect that one is off as well.
Stop grumbling about our HPD. They are doing a great job. They have determined the murderer already. If you get into trouble, who are you going to call?Stop pointing fingers at our police.
quote:
Originally posted by Opihipicker

Stop grumbling about our HPD. They are doing a great job. They have determined the murderer already. If you get into trouble, who are you going to call?Stop pointing fingers at our police.

What a Police State is: It's where people report on each other, where people disappear in night, where people live in fear of the police and where things like "they have determined the murderer already" is common.

"Grumbling = Freedom." It really DOES.
+