Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreasonable?
Share your thoughts and opinions on a 'block' or 'ignore' button for the posters you don't like!

Ever want to read on punaweb, but just can't stand certain folk? Ever decide not to post on punaweb because of annoying people? In todays day and age when no one is able to work out there problems in a civil manner the customary or acceptable method is becoming the 'ignore button' you can block all content from any certain individual. Kind of like having a number blocked on the cell phone account.

Unsure if this would require forum upgrades/overhaul, but regardless if it comes to pass, I would still like to see what you guys have to say about this.
Block/ignore buttons create a false sense of the world around you. Better to soak yourself in authenticity than to live in la-la land(not los angeles).
Nothing left to do but
Smile
Smile
Smile
This forum software is far to old and antiquated. Better to argue reason and logic, trolls cant fight it.

Peace, love, compassion and tolerance.
You can always start a new forum yourself, put on any features you want, post all the pictures you want, ban anyone you want.
I wonder how many people you've personally driven away Paul!
awwww, dont give Paul a hard time. He makes a good devil's advocate. What good would it do us if everyone agreed all the time and no one had alternate opinions?

I think, even if I don't particularly like someone here, I usually read what they wrote.

Making a ignore button is the equivalent of IMHO a 3 yr old putting their fingers in their ears so they don't have to listen.

Or for you animal lovers, it is the same as my dog closing his eyes and putting his ears back when we ask who tore up the shoe?
If you can't take disagreements then maybe a public forum isn't the best place to hang out.
Would be kinda nice. Actually... But I am not sure if this forum has that feature. Best to just ignore the people and "PRETEND" they don't exist. Smile It's not that hard to do... Remember it takes TWO to have an argument.

Don't let people push your hot buttons here. Smile
Certain militant self-righteous attitudes have kinda ruined PW for me, so yeah, an ignore button would be great.

Easier fix is to find something better to do with my time.
I just don't read or post on threads once certain people start to take over the thread, some of those individuals have gotten very active lately, so I don't post much anymore. I've noticed that, with the relatively recent influx of aggressively argumentative people who insult and badger anyone they disagree with, many of the old Punawebber whose posts I used to really enjoy, even if I disagreed with them, are rarely participating in the main forum, even farm and gardening has started to get pretty vicious at times. So I guess I just have my own personal "ignore" button.

Too bad we can't all "just get along."

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb