Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
Tavares referred to the location as two miles mauka of where Brittany Jane Royal was camping with her boyfriend when she was murdered. Fishermen found her body May 28 in the waters off Kalapana.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...hgdQ0.dpuf
Another "mistake", either in the writing of the affidavit or the procedure the police used.

1. Ask Merck if she knew Bo Johnson. She said no.
2. Show Merck a photo of Bo Johnson. She then says he is in Room 6 under the name Jeffrey Allen.
3. Show Merck a photo lineup of 6 men. Merck picks Bo out of the lineup.

Are they stupid? Or is the person who wrote the report? Of course she would pick Bo out of the lineup, they just showed her a picture of him and now she thinks he is Jeffrey Allen. I'd be willing to think it was just a simple mistake, but based on how many obvious errors in judgment this police force ("core values" are, in order as follows: integrity, professionalism, compassion, teamwork, and community satisfaction) I cannot help but be convinced that they are either dumb as nails or very corrupt.
It blows my mind that the judge gave them a search warrant after this ridiculous police procedure.
Ignoring all else, my gut tells me that if it took so long to find a body hanging in a tree despite two searches for two separate missing persons in the same area, it was a suicide who sought out a private place.
Signed up a while back with the Sierra Club Daily Ray of Hope, thought this was appropriate to post!

http://action.sierraclub.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=351726.0&dlv_id=306800
quote:
Originally posted by MarkP

Ignoring all else, my gut tells me that if it took so long to find a body hanging in a tree despite two searches for two separate missing persons in the same area, it was a suicide who sought out a private place.

Ignoring all else? That's a great way to conclude or speculate about a murder/suicide, by ignoring tons of evidence, ignoring a number of mistakes in the polices initial investigation of the scene, and opting for "gut feelings". Nice.

Also, a private place to commit suicide? Choosing an abandoned kipuka in the middle of the lava field? What? That just doesn't make any sense. "Ok so I killed my pregnant girlfriend, I'm going to leave all the evidence behind, and walk a full two miles across jagged lava to commit suicide in specific forest"

Here's what makes more sense: There was no police dog included in the search, and the police failed to search and grid the area like most homicide investigations would do.

Another theory is that police/ suspects feel the heat coming from all the sudden national media, and the body was recently planted in the tree to initiate a quick cover up to avoid the increased media response, discussions implying blotched police work, evidence being organized that indicate certain suspects, and the fact that popular opinion among members of the families and local citizens no longer view Boaz Johnson is a murderer.
Nice quote hikatz. Very uplifting considering this case
To the reasonable folks following this case WITHOUT BIAS: No one can make a validated comment on any investigation without knowing how it was investigated. Since the PD has not had it's chance to release any information for this case I would suggest that no one knows how or what was done during this investigation. I do know for a fact that a lot of what has been incorrectly posted is just plain nonsense. I have had weekly conversations with all the key authorities and some of what is posted is just plain not true. I am not writing this to try to sway those who obviously by their postings will blame the authorities without a shred of REAL KNOWLEDGE OR EVIDENCE. I am writing this to the objective others who follow who don't have a bias in this case. To you I say wait till all sides can present their case before you make up your mind as to who did this. I will not elaborate as to what is true and what isn't. This case is ongoing and my #1 concern is justice for my daughter. I don't care who did it. I want to know that when someone is either arrested or found to be guilty one way or the other that a fair investigation has delivered that result. To date I am totally satisfied with the work done so far on this case. When my concerns were conveyed they addressed them honestly and we have moved on. And my concerns by the way were a result of believing some of this misinformation that has been posted. So take the side you wish. That is your right and your right to comment as well. Just know that until every side has its say in public you are only hearing PART of the facts. And some are wrong. Someone said in a past post that the PD doesn't owe us anything. They don't. They only owe it to all to do the best they can with what they have to go on. I lost a daughter and a grandchild. I want fair justice. I believe I will get it. And hopefully soon!

ted royal
ted royal
Thanks for injecting some reality Ted.
I was merely expressing a hunch. Many cases are aided by hunches, properly vetted. If you feel comfortable suggesting that somebody, anticipating the need for a body, kept one around just in case then you should allow me that at least.