Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
Bo's disappearance/murder will need to be solved as well. If he is on the island, dead or alive, myself and many others will continue to believe in his innocence. That is why so many people are following this case. This forum would not be alive with unanswered questions and concerns by the caring people of the local community and elsewhere if we believed Bo was capable of this act. Some refuse to believe it because of knowing Bo while others refuse to believe it because they know what happens on the Big Island. Many people will breath a sigh of relief when they hear that outside investigators and the FBI are on the case to bring justice to Bo, Brittany and their baby.
seekingforanswers, take the hint already.
Here's a fair question that's been asked before, but I'll ask again hoping someone from the families can answer or correct me:

After Brittanys body was discovered, and police reported Bo as missing, why did they IMMEDIATLY declare him the murderer? Let's seriously stop and give this some serious and rational thought: a girls dead body is found in the ocean, drag marks going from the campsite to the ocean, boyfriend is missing, yet all of boyfriends personal belongings (wallet, cell phone) were still at the scene. Now, given this scenario, having noted that the boyfriends personal belongings are still at the scene, one would NOT immediately jump to the conclusion that the boy is alive, much less the prime suspect. Your first conclusion would be that the boy is dead, and you would IMMEDIATLY perform a radial search with a full grid and the Hilo cadaver dog. Those are just the most obvious and basic responses that any investigative team would perform. But, this was not done, and this is what I find even stranger: The very position that police made IMMEDIATELY on the scene is the exact same position they have today: Bo is alive, Bo is missing, Bo is the prime suspect. Anything POSSIBLY different from that is completely ignored, including evidence submitted by the Johnson family.

Second Question: the Hawaii police told the Johnson abd Royal families that they have evidence that Boaz Johnson had left the island. If that was even remotely true, why were the FBI and US Marshall service not alerted immediately? A fugitive on the run, possibly flying to a foreign country or back to another state? And instead of alerting international or federal authorities, they whisper this info to families?
Posted by Ted Royal on the FIND Boaz Johnson FB Page - 07/12/2013 "If this is a serious site, then much more needs to be invested in it. I liked Bo, but I reserve judgement. If he is not responsible for my daughters death, then you as a family need to step it up. Show all pictures you can on this site, include ALL the current pictures you can and promote it locally both in Petersburg and Moline ILL...AND IN ALL THE BLOGS IN HAWAII.. Show me that he IS innocent, and put some effort into finding him. Sarah, you seem to be the spokesperson for your family. I am good with that. You are "invested" as you put it in an earlier blog. I want to believe Bo didnt do it. But so far I put myself in your position and I would have done SOOOOOOO MUCH more! Here is how:

Go National: show proof that you are willing to do everything like we are.....
Show every inch of Bo's backside. The PD has been asking for it Publish it on facebook. Help us find him!!!!
This site only has 4 comments in July...and one is Julie! Really get behind your position and show all that you really do want to find him. Facebook is awesome, if you use it right.

I COULD HAVE LOVED BO! IF YOU ERASE MY CHALLENGE ABOVE I WILL HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR INVOLVEMENT. MEET MY CHALLENGE! HAVE ALL WHO KNEW HIM SHOW PICTURES ESPECIALLY RECENT PICTURES. UP CLOSE PICTURES. JULIE, SKY, AND MY FAMILY WILL BE AWARE OF THIS CHALLENGE. BUT CONSIDERING THE STAKES, I WOULD THINK YOU AND ALL OF BO'S FRIENDS WILL STEP UP TO THE PLATE . If you and your family have nothing to hide then show it. WE THE ROYAL FAMILY NEED ANSWERS AND TRUTH. It appears to us that you arent defending Bo at all. I look forward to your public response to this on your site."

Posted by Ted Royal on the FIND Boaz Johnson FB Page- 07/13/2013 "Again, not interested in anything other than getting the detectives all the help they can get. From your family and mine. I posted some really good ideas to help find him. But I am not going to do the leg work. Just some positive things that most would do to find their loved one and give him his day in court to prove his case. If he never shows up again I am sorry for that. I have repeatedly said that both in print and TV. But I am not taking sides here. We have 3 possibilities of my daughters killer(s): Bo, lava folks, or complete and randsom strangers. Until someone is caught I trust NO ONE."

Posted - 01/11/2014 : 19:21:50
This is all useless information to me personally. Each case is different. Each case has its own details. Each case has its own detectives, and state employee's. I don't care about any of it nor did I waste my time to read any of it. These cases don't relate to ours, wont be admissible in court if we ever get that far. So when folks want to talk facts about our case I will read. But obvious bias is what it is and can be dismissed as such. So chat on. But for me I continue to look for unbiased fact...which has not been stated in the last week.
For those who disagree I know you will rant on. It is ok with me. But again, for those who want to stick to this case I look forward to your opinion.

ted royal"

[quote]Originally posted by seekingforanswers

Ted, my heart breaks for you and Julie, but also for the Johnsons. It is obvious the pain, confusion, grief and nightmare of this tragedy is taking it’s toll. I do pray for you. Your original instincts could be right, maybe Bo didn’t do this. If not then who, who else would have a motive? Follow your instincts, gather your strength and fight the fight for justice and truth for you and the Johnsons. For Brittany, the baby and Bo.

Posted - 10/08/2013 : 10:22:47
There is nothing for the local folks to do. All is being done by the authorities. The US Marshal's service can hunt down the killer on the mainland or other countries and the FBI can assist in the overall case locally. Sit and wait is all any of us can do.[/u][/red][/b]
**This was your position in October.

Posted - 10/13/2013 : 12:12:18
Everyone should get off the idea that Bo did it! We the family of Brittany no longer think he did. You should be looking locally for the killers. NOT KILLER.....
**5 days later

Posted - 10/15/2013 : 06:13:09
TruthSeeker11, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt they don't have enough evidence or that would be the first thing they would do. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The state and detectives go round and round on this issue with us. Beyond frustrating. But only if you think Bo did it. Now we aren't so sure and that might be the reason they to date haven't come up with one. Only the authorities know for sure. They are getting other leads and they have to track all leads down. That also is something to consider. Lots going on in this case. The local PD has to turn the case over to the state and they have to turn it over to the FBI. If that doesn't happen then we have to make it happen. I would guess that the Johnson's would be hot on that trail too with the PD and the state since they obviously think their son was murdered with our daughter. We havent heard from them on these blogs now for a long time so maybe they have been pursuing that all along. I know I would be if I was Bo's family.

ted royal

**The local police still haven’t asked the FBI or Marshal’s office to step in. I have checked their websites and Bo is not listed in their most wanted data bases for Hawaii, Alaska or anywhere else in the USA.

Posted - 10/21/2013 : 04:55:48
Gypsy, and anyone else for that matter, there are others you can go to at the State level. They reside in the Prosecutors office. They are working on our daughters case and are driving the PD's actions in this investigation: Prosecutor Mitch Roth, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Jack Matsukawa, Investigator Kelly Mayne. They are all located at 655 Kilauea ave. Hilo. 800- 961-0466. The US Attorney General's Office is also involved with this case. So you can always send them your thoughts, or hand deliver a note too. Thanks to anyone who can help solve this case and bring a MURDER ONE conviction to Brittany and her baby's...and possibly Bo's killer(s).

ted royal
**Isn’t it possible that someone Brittany knew prior to Bo might have motive to kill them both?

Posted - 11/19/2013 : 13:52:28
If enough people get behind this locally and are willing to spend a day in front of the Prosecutors office, and if it can be coordinated with the local media, dateline, People magazine, and the Investigative Discovery Channel who is also covering this now maybe we can increase our pressure for justice....I will fly there to lead the way if that ever comes to pass!

ted royal

**You want people to help you, locals, the media, the police. You seek information, yet do not want to offer information that might be relevant or critical to solving this crime like who Brittany knew before Bo. I understand you might not want to offer that information on this site but I pray you are providing the police with this information.

Posted - 11/20/2013 : 09:55:10
There is the Investigative Discovery channel that is going to do a story on it. It is the Murder In Paradise series. They have contacted both Julie and I and we will see where that goes. I think if this ever gets to a court room then Nancy Grace and others will probably have more interest. Right now we are in a quiet time again with nothing be told to us other than they still think Bo did it, and the DNA results are in. But no word as to what that means to the case. We hope to have something breaking by the end of the year but we have heard time and time again they are getting close to a major announcement and it never happens. So we wait...

ted royal

**It’s now November still no word. DNA is in and no arrest warrants issued, not enough evidence? Still only looking in one direction? No man hunt or reward to catch a murderer?

Posted - 12/09/2013 : 06:42:28
There is no such thing as fluff to us. Every conversation matters. We have very little to cling too in this case. So talk no matter what the opinion means something to us. I can only say that this case over the last 6 plus months has been a roller coaster of emotions. Finding our daughters killer (s) is the only thing that matters and as far as I am concerned everyone that has been implicated as a possible suspect has been investigated to by the Detectives.
Except Bo. I now believe they are doing all they can with what they have to give us a fair investigation. And that is all I can hope for. So keep talking and we will keep following. For those who don't like fluff or the topic anymore....you don't have to log on to this subject. But my sincere thanks for those who do want the truth...and are open minded to any and all possibilities.

ted royal

**nothing is fluff, you want the truth, opened minded. Again who did Brittany know before Bo? You don’t have to answer here but it could be a clue to who the killer(s) is/are.

Posted - 01/05/2014 : 06:13:02
To the great folks who care so much I say thank you. I have sent reward money requests to both Senators, and to the state with no response. I did that over a month ago as I am unemployed and our families don't have that kind of money for either a meaningful reward or a PI. We have had PI's contact us and they aren't cheap. So if this gets started by the locals I am grateful. And will do whatever I can to be there at least to show support if it gets somewhere. I too feel horrible for Bo's family as I know what it is like to lose a child. In a recent interview I was only partially quoted and I think he too could have been murdered and it could very well no be Bo's remains at all. Personally I hope that is the case. In any case thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers. I spend a lot of time in the background talking with all the authorities involved. Months ago I filed a request with the FBI to get involved. Again with no luck. But I can say that we don't know a whole lot about the actual facts of the investigation. I hope that will change very soon. But I have been told that for over 7 months now. So we wait and pray and give hope for justice. As of now that is all our family can do.

ted royal

Posted - 01/06/2014 : 06:30:07
I have no problem explaining my original, past, and current position. Originally I thought Bo was murdered along with Brit and to this day part of me still believes that. During the course of the investigation I had serious doubts about a fair investigation. I felt at the time that there might be critical conflicts of interest (that I wont explain here as this case is still ongoing) and I went so far as to threaten a law suit against the state and PD if this case was found to have had these conflicts and nothing was done about it. I even went so far as to file a complaint with the FBI and I even went as high as calling the State of Hawaii Attorney Generals office. All I wanted and still do for that matter was a fair investigation. This was my way of making sure pressure of a big lawsuit gave our family a fair investigation. That was a few months ago and you can see my comments publicly if you chose to look them up on this forum and BIC as well. The PD took my concerns seriously as well as the prosecutor locally and they assigned an Assistant Chief to deal directly with us. He addressed my concerns to my satisfaction a while back. Since then they have been super responsive to our calls and have given us what they can regarding information. Which again isn't much. But they do let us in now to more information that isn't reported or in print. And we will not under any circumstances reveal private conversations until the time is right. That time is not now. I hope this explains things a bit. And one last time, that report where I am only quoted as saying if Bo did it and he committed suicide then it is over and justice has been served is only one quote in the interview. I also said he could have been murdered too. I said as well that it may not even be him. They didn't print those two comments.. I have this very sentiment on my facebook page as well. This is a roller coaster of events, not to mention emotions. It is as I have said over and over and will continue to say a very sad event for both families and I too feel for the Johnson's. No outcome is good for them.
Finally, I cannot explain why the authorities will talk to us and not the Johnsons. Maybe because of their positon about Bo. The Prosecutor will represent our families side in court as we are the victims family no matter who they bring to justice..if they ever do arrest someone. At some point in time I am sure the authorities will give their side of things. But only when the time is right. And since this case is still ongoing to expect them to explain publically anything is not reasonable for obvious reasons. So that's my original, past, and current position. I am going to sit back and see what transpires with the findings of the body like you all before I change my position, if I do at all. I have that right. Thank you all for caring, sharing, and hopefully this tragic event gets solved one way or the other. As for me I can't wait to put this part of this miserable journey behind me so I can spend more time remembering the good times with Brittany and not focus on this time. No more questions for me please at least until we learn more. Thank you.

ted royal

**I mean no disrespect but the previous post on the 5th you said you were unemployed and couldn’t afford a PI or to offer a reward. Not being able to retain a lawyer or file a lawsuit seems obvious. Police and state officials are not intimidated by lawsuits and threats. They get them all the time. In fact, they kind of get upset at people that make such threats. They do respond to legal suits filed by lawyers so I doubt they folded to your threats of a lawsuit. What kind of suit could you have threatened them with? And why would you do that when you said they were doing their job and to be patient in earlier posts.

Posted - 01/10/2014 : 13:23:42
MarkP, I am not addressing theories at all. In fact my statement wasn't directed at you at all. I am addressing outright statements made by folks that claim they are facts, but in some cases are not. I am all for theories, hunches, what ifs, etc. Just for some I would say don't pawn off factual information without being correct. And don't blame the PD without knowing what they have done, are doing, and will be doing. I don't even know all they do and I talk to them all the time. Have been for over 7 months. So please I hope no one thinks I am talking directly to you...unless you are one of those who state fact without knowing the facts. So keep the hunches coming. It is true that a lot of crimes get solved by
this kind of communication. All I ask is stick to facts and that statement is not directed at you Mark. It is directed at those hurling flat out garbage about the investigation. It's not a lie if you believe it only works in Seinfeld!

ted royal

**Keep the hunches coming? Sincerely. Who did Brittany know prior to Bo? Again you don’t have to answer here but it could be significant.

[quote]Originally posted by brits dad[/i]

seekingforanswers, we will not be giving out ANY information regarding this case. The PD has all it needs to investigate as far as information goes from us. This case will not resolve itself on a blog or even in the National media. So please don't take it personally that we wont give out any personal information. We only owe Brittany and only Brittany the information requested ONLY by the authorities..We watch closely what is said over and over. And even in the last days we see again false information posted. No matter. Cops don't take their leads from here anyway. They know as we do that much that is posted to our case is only spec
@seekingforanswers: I understand your concern about Bo and Brittany's reputation from the area, and it is justified to assume the questions you ask, but maybe you should speak to Julie or Ted privately about it, in case the information is fragile or too personal.

I honestly doubt that her family would know everything about her acquaintances or predicaments. I was once a young free spirited traveller like her, and although I would check in with my parents from time to time, I rarely told them exact details about everything, more like casual generalizations: "hey mom, yeah I'm doing good, got a new job...how's everyone doing back home? Okayyy I love you, call you next week!"

Your best bet would be to go to Kalapana and Pahoa and ask around. People there had to know them.

Also, the Johnson family has shown more willingness to talk about Bo and Brittany's acquaintances in the area. Ruth Johnson would be a good person to ask because she visited Bo and Brittany and stayed with them for a while. According to them they have nothing to hide about Bo's situation while he was in Hawaii, and they have shared that information with others.
quote:
I COULD HAVE LOVED BO! IF YOU ERASE MY CHALLENGE ABOVE I WILL HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR INVOLVEMENT. MEET MY CHALLENGE! HAVE ALL WHO KNEW HIM SHOW PICTURES ESPECIALLY RECENT PICTURES. UP CLOSE PICTURES. JULIE, SKY, AND MY FAMILY WILL BE AWARE OF THIS CHALLENGE. BUT CONSIDERING THE STAKES, I WOULD THINK YOU AND ALL OF BO'S FRIENDS WILL STEP UP TO THE PLATE . If you and your family have nothing to hide then show it. WE THE ROYAL FAMILY NEED ANSWERS AND TRUTH. It appears to us that you arent defending Bo at all. I look forward to your public response to this on your site."

Wow. Well, punaweb, I guess now we know why there's divide between the families. Big win for the actual killers out there when they read that. Sheesh.

I could be wrong, but according to this forum and various media releases, I was under the impression that the Johnson family has vehemently defended Boaz from the very beginning of the investigation? Am I wrong?

Sarah, do you mind if we ask where that comment was posted to?
Seeking for answers. No one can imagine the ups and downs we have gone through the last 7 months. I can speak for myself saying that it is all confusing, emotionally draining and nothing anyone should go through. One day you hear something to sway your thoughts, the next day something new. I dont ask you to understand because no one can unless they are living this nightmare. Yes, positions change, opinions change but the bottom line is none of it matters. What matters is the outcome of Brittany's murder.
I too stand by my X husband in that we will not talk about Brittany's personal life. Period. Its a fine line we walk, trying to communicate but getting scrutinized along the way. Lose/lose. We have always maintained our ONLY goal is to find out who brutally killed our daughter and unborn grandchild. Brittany left behind 2 brothers who miss her terribly and were excited to be uncles. She has grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and step parents who miss her. Brittany is not just the 'woman found of Kalapana' she is a human being. Please remember that when you ask questions or imply about her character.
I had asked you if you knew either Brittany or Bo personally and you never answered that question.
Punatickz, If you were under the impression that the Johnson family has defended Bo since day 1, you would be right. How many times could you go back to hear or read a Johnson family member stating that we are behind Bo's innocence 100%. That post by Ted Royal was a public comment posted on the FIND Boaz Johnson Facebook Page directed towards the Johnson Family.
Ted, I hate to bring this up, but there's something about your latest comment that I'm a little bit concerned with.

Your original comment was:

Posted - 01/11/2014 : 19:21:50
This is all useless information to me personally. Each case is different. Each case has its own details. Each case has its own detectives, and state employee's. I don't care about any of it nor did I waste my time to read any of it. These cases don't relate to ours, wont be admissible in court if we ever get that far. So when folks want to talk facts about our case I will read. But obvious bias is what it is and can be dismissed as such. So chat on. But for me I continue to look for unbiased fact...which has not been stated in the last week.
For those who disagree I know you will rant on. It is ok with me. But again, for those who want to stick to this case I look forward to your opinion.

ted royal"

AND THEN....that same comment was edited and changed to this:

To all: Thank you for your comments and caring about my daughters case. But the end is soon I believe and all these other cases are discussions for you all to continue on with. I will always thank those who honestly had no bias and who cared about Brittany and her unborn child. I wish you all the very best Aloha. Hopefully the pain of my daughters murder will subside and hopefully the local community can figure out a way to work with the Hilo Police Department and the local state Prosecutors office. You have that choice. As for me I will get the justice I have been seeking and will move on. God Bless you all. Ted Royal

ted royal

Ted, I am a local citizen reaching out to BOTH families to help you solve this crime. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the families come to this forum asking for our help? And, in return, do many of us on the island not open our hearts and our arms to you? Many of us have taken time out of our lives on a daily/weekly basis to do ANYTHING we possibly can. Some of is do this knowing that we might be risking our reputation and safety. From reading those quotes above posted by Sshar, you tell us on this forum that you did not believe Bo is the killer, and then when the community offers help to ALL family members (not just you), you leave comments aimed at discouraging locals from contributing any theory or idea that suggests Boaz Johnson is not guilty, or any suggestion that local police aren't performing an efficient investigation. So, if the police are doing such a fantastic job, and you have recently (this happened last week also) shown consistency at discouraging the speculation of locals?

I'll say this: Julie Royal, Sarah Johnson, and Ruth Johnson have all been very welcoming and very grateful for all the suggestions on this forum. I'll leave it at that.

quote:
Originally posted by ssshjar_johnson

Punatickz, If you were under the impression that the Johnson family has defended Bo since day 1, you would be right. How many times could you go back to hear or read a Johnson family member stating that we are behind Bo's innocence 100%. That post by Ted Royal was a public comment posted on the FIND Boaz Johnson Facebook Page directed towards the Johnson Family.

1) If the comment was about your family not taking any actions to find Boaz Johnson, wouldn't it be kind of obvious that your family is trying to find Boaz Johnson, since the name of the Facebook page is titled "Find Boaz Johnson" ?

2) Why post something like that to a grieving family on a PUBLIC post? Saying something like that is pretty disgraceful, and things like that should be discussed privately.

Edit: I had to actually go to the FB page to believe this and see it myself:

http://imgur.com/PO4JxuY
http://imgur.com/X4eo5yj

By the way, as far as punaweb is concerned. Their was a comment made by Ted on that post in which he stated that the punaweb forum is just a small town forum that probably won't produce much. I think he may have underestimated this little forum, as this post has 811 replies and 116000 views.

Make that 812 replies Smile