Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
I will publish. Have PMd you.

HawaiiCorruption.wordpress.com
Bringing Justice to the Islands
Money waiting right here. Also could someone please send a free copy to the Johnson family, also the Royal family if they are interested.
Punatickz, your posting average is creeping up again. Slow down please.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
punatickz says:
" you generally resort to lashing out replies with a really hostile and defensive tone."

Excuse me? Maybe someone with investigative time on their hands can cite an example of this.

I was a little perturbed early on with the laughable allegation of "Hawaiian Mafia" involvement. Forgive me for not giving that theory credibility; but I know some of the people falsely accused of this heinous crime, and consider the slander against them
more "hostle" than anything I've managed to express.

Armchair Dectectives; What do you think happened? The Hawaiian Mafia murdered Brittany, captured Bo and tortured him to write a three page confession? made him answer his phone?; and then hanged him rather than toss him in the ocean also? Then bribed the police and the independent lab staff?

As far as the GJ report; it was compiled before all the evidence had surfaced(Bo's body and notebook).

This is not lashing out. This is a persistent response to unsubstantiated speculation.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I am getting very weary of the bickering. Stop it. This topic is not about you.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
quote:
If there is no evidence, how could this be used in a Grand Jury indictment?

Since I have extensive knowledge of our local GJ proceedings, I'll reply with pure conjecture as to how it could have happened.

Prosecutor: On the screen you will see what is marked as states exhibit A. It is a screen shot of a photo from Boaz Johnson's facebook page and it shows a picture of him on his fathers boat. Now on the screen you will see what is marked as states exhibit B. This is a screen shot from the Tsunami Web Cam on June 6, 2013 and it shows the (i.e., a very similar) boat sailing out of Hilo Harbor.

Then the prosecutor just moves on to the next item. No need to mention to the grand jurors that the police could have (and maybe did, but certainly should have) verified with the Alaska Harbor that the Johnson boat is and has been in Alaska the whole time.

And presumably the same thing would go for the supposed video of Bo going through airport security? The prosecutor would mention it, maybe show a still of someone who looks vaguely like him at the airport (or maybe not), and that's it? Granted, what's needed for a GJ indictment is much lower than what has to hold up in an actual trial, but from the unsealed file you posted it seems pretty thin.
snorkle,
no-one said anything about bribing the police, since they did not do a thorough search of the area where Bo's backpack was found, it is now apparent from past statements and looking at the GJ files, that they had already concluded he had been smuggled off the Island.
And for the stupid statement about bribing the independent lab, they were doing an autopsy, identification of the body and cause of death.

I know of people who have been threatened in Kalapana, nothing is going to change that fact! I am angry that a small group of local individuals are threatening people, I am not saying they were involved in this, but it sure raises questions. If there is a problem with people trespassing, then they should call the police and let them handle it, instead of resorting to intimidation and strong armed tactics.
HawaiiCorruption, I sent you an email through Punaweb, with update contact information. Please let me know if you did not receive it.
One must remember the purpose of a Grand Jury is to determine that Probable Cause only, not Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, exits in the testimony of witness to substantiate the Indictment as a True Bill, for the purpose of the issuance of an Arrest Warrant or in some cases a Penal Summons.

Probable Cause = what a reasonable person would believe that a crime was committed and the individual identified in the Indictment committed it.

Grand Jurors = a group of eligible peers in our community, a mixture of people from all walks of life, rich, poor, conservative, liberal etc...

In this case, the Grand Jury did find PC exists and did not necessarily need to determine if every item presented to them was in fact "beyond a reasonable doubt. This occurs often at this stage of many Grand Jury proceedings at Local, State and Federal levels. Hearsay is allowed. Most Prosecutor's use this method for strategy - mostly because of what? No cross-examination from the defense as only the Prosecutor, Stenographer, witnesses and the Juror's and only present. These proceedings are meant to be secret.

So again, a group of our peers found PC existed for the issuance of an Arrest Warrant only. If circumstances were different, the Defendant would have his day in court and the Defense Attorney could have challenged the Indictment and how the GJ came to there decision of the finding of a "True Bill".

Rob I'm getting better on staying on"point" and not bickering, but its tough with this crowd!