Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
quote:
Originally posted by oceangirl

Another excellent question previously brought up by anony mouse; if hpd found Bo's phone when they found Brittanys body and the backpack, what phone did he even have? I read in the comments of a BIC article that they shared only one phone.

The confusion here is thinking the phone was found right away, but it wasnÔt found until two days later. BrittanyÔs body was found around sunrise on the 28th and the phone and backpack were found on the morning of the 30th.

Ed called Bo on the 28th, and there were some calls and messages on the phone over the next day or two, at which time the police found the phone on a trail. There was only that one phone, and the police pulled the records for it.
Question for gypsy, did the Idaho couple have a rental car? You mentioned they were going to drive. The article specifically says they were taking a bus back to Kona before flying out. No car.

The odds of two young couples from the same Idaho town and California, are about nil, as the "lost" couple wasnÔt traveling with friends.

ItÔs not a mystery why the police would shut down that case ASAP. BAD for tourism to hear parents of young visitors are getting a frightening mystery phone call from someone who claims to have kid held prisone. With the kids alive and well, best to squelch that story as much fuss about nothing and donÔt keep the scary phone call in the media eye.
Thank you to Kathy and gypsy Smile
KathyH, great question regarding the young couple having a car?. (I did not for sure see their car). I did see the hunters vehicle though. We walked about 2 miles strait to this parking lot from our last break back from the lava. MY partner and I along with a blonde 40ish year old hunter walked several hundred yards in front of The young Idaho couple, and another hundred yards or so in front of the 50ish year old hunter and the 20ish year old girl. That is how we arrived back at this parking lot. I had such a bad feeling about a few things I grabbed my partner, politely excused my self, and was gone before the last group was to the lot. As I left though I can remember seeing the young couple back to the lot and leaning against what appeared to be a light colored vehicle. Was it theirs though?. I don't know. P.S. This guy we walked back with had to ask for my # 4 times as he kept forgetting I told him I had no phone in a rural area. He had a habbit of getting #'s as he did seem very bubbly and friendly wanting to show my partner his skills . (NO WAY). He also said they were fairly free in time until Tuesday the 28th when they were to have been at some hunting tour on muana loa tues morn the 28th. This was Saturday morning at 3:00 A.M.the 25th. This is probably all nothing as the detectives have told me nothing, but hey I still lose sleep not knowing.
Sarah I am truly sorry for your loss of your brother Bo. I only hope reading this does not offend you or your family, only want to know the truth to what may have happened. I am not satisfied with Murder/suicide if all other possibilities have not been investigated yet.
Thanks gypsy! hmm, if they arrived 3 AM at the parking lot at the lava viewing, terrible place to hitch and no bus -- so likely they would have mentioned if they were stuck and needed a ride?

All very confusing ..
And maybe it's confusing because you are all relying on hearsay, much of it conjecture here that has somehow turned into fact. How many times have the media made mistakes, misquoted, etc.
Confusing because you are not professionals and not privy to police information, just armchair detectives or wannabes passing time gossiping about an unfortunate event, please show some courtesy to the dead and the bereaved families, it would be better if you wannabes exchange phone numbers and gossip to your hearts content in private and when you have some concrete information share it with the police or the community in this forum, many of the writings reflect immaturity .
If I was unaware people had, and apparently are still being threatened in Kalapana, I would not be posting here.

If I was unaware a group of 5 individuals, working as a team, (all had guns) using strong armed tactics, terrorizing people for so-called trespassing on private property, (nothing to do with lava viewing) I would not be posting here!

(correction. removed my facts comment)
So do I have doubts about Bo's guilt and think there was a possibility he was framed. YES!
I like how all 3 negative attacks came within a half hour. Attack mob, much?

I found Kalapana Eds response to journalists a bit odd, being that he has now disappeared:
quote:
“I believe this is a police matter,” Elarth responded, when BIC sought an “on-camera” interview with him. ”If police say it’s okay — this is getting way out of control!”

It sounds like the amount of press coverage was surely not expected by Kalapana Ed. This is just speculation, but it seems like he may not have expected his "phone call" to be scrutinized and receive so much attention from media. Was there something about this phone call that Kalapana Ed doesn't want to discuss? It certainly seems like it to me, given that he has disappeared without discussing the matter with anyone but police.

Attacks?