Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman's body found off Kalapana
HereÔs another inconsistency with the suicide theory IMHO, interested to hear if you agree or why not: [Smile]

ItÔs a small thing, but ... I would like to know if Bo was found with any kind of bag to carry stuff, because the police said he had nothing but the book that had the note.

Bo was found 1-2 miles mauka from the camp, which is a hike over lava to the kipuka.

He also had to take the rope with him. A composition book and a rope.

He had a backpack, but he threw it down on a trail near camp, and instead (if no bag was found), he hiked over lava carrying rope and a writing book in his hands (unless he had a big pocket). I guess he could wrap the rope and have it over shoulder, but those books are awkward to carry. I use those composition books myself for meeting notes and writing and I put them in a tote because they are awkward.

Of course he could manage them, but I donÔt understand deliberately throwing the backpack on the ground before heading out with the rope and the book.

No water bottle or canteen either. End of the line or not, I would take water to hike over lava, just to get me there. Second nature.

I donÔt know, itÔs just the guys I know who hike around in the woods, like my sons, always grab a backpack if they have stuff to take with them. You want your hands free except maybe a flashlight at night or a walking stick.

He had no flashlight either, which means he hiked up by day.
He had to hike up there after the last outgoing or received incoming call on his phone, too bad the police wonÔt say when that happened.

The police said in the HT article I linked that they conducted an aerial search with helicopters of six square miles. The place must have been buzzing with choppers.

IsnÔt it weird that he would hike in daylight across bare lava flow in plain sight, to this remote kipuka? There was a kipuka area right by the camp, where the backpack was. Presumably with trees. Why go way off and risk getting caught hiking up there?

He wasnÔt trying to hide his suicide. He expected to be found because he wrote a note, so why not just pick a tree at hand?

It makes no sense to me.
Maybe Sarah could say whether this sounds like how Bo would act.
I realize he would have been in an atypical state of mind, but certain things are more in the realm of automatic, second nature.

As weird as the call from Ed is and as damning, I keep coming back to the way BoÔs stuff was dumped and he was found with zero effects on him other than the notebook, and no signs of being in that kipuka much longer than it took to end his life. That part sounds like someone who is grabbed and then taken somewhere.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to drive a lifted truck with lava tires over that terrain, like to the kipuka? Is it walk in only?

It would be great if the police would release to BoÔs parents an inventory of exactly what was on him and with him at the end.
Separate point ...
Midnight Rambler said there were only two ways to explain the call from Ed.
Ed was part of it and made up a lie about BoÔs words
or
Bo did it and was trying to pretend all was well.

There is a third possibility.
Bo could have been with the perpetrators under duress, and told to answer the phone and to act normal and say he and Brittany were fine.
Quote Kathy; "No water bottle or canteen either. End of the line or not, I would take water to hike over lava, just to get me there. Second nature."

Jeez Kathy, What about sunscreen?
Kathy, speaking of inventory, have you checked out how neatly ordered and detailed the inventory list was in the search warrant for the hostel? Compare it to the inventory list, or lack thereof, in the search warrant for the campsite.
quote:
Originally posted by snorkle

Quote Kathy; "No water bottle or canteen either. End of the line or not, I would take water to hike over lava, just to get me there. Second nature."

Jeez Kathy, What about sunscreen?

Nope, just water, snorkle. IÔd wear a hat instead of sunscreen.
The personal attacks and ridicule are getting out of hand Snorkle. They really are. Either you grow up and form your responses with a sense of respect, or do all of us, including yourself, a favor, and find another forum or website to browse. Your comments are completely uncalled for, and very condescending to people's character. If you are here to speculate, then fine. If you disagree with the opinion of others, fine. But the personal attacks have got to stop right now.
Skin cancer should be taken seriously. Thank you Kathy for your sensible response.
Personal attacks can end quickly here.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The personal attacks and ridicule are getting out of hand Snorkle. They really are. Either you grow up and form your responses with a sense of respect, or do all of us, including yourself, a favor, and find another forum or website to browse. Your comments are completely uncalled for, and very condescending to people's character. If you are here to speculate, then fine. If you disagree with the opinion of others, fine. But the personal attacks have got to stop right now.
No confusion here Kathy, just a different opinion. I'll explain:

Given the distance between where the bag was found, and the kipuka Boaz was hiding in, it makes no sense for him to place the bag there on the 29th or 30th. This would imply Boaz was running back and forth, 2 miles each way, across an open field, in front of plain sight of tourists and local residents. I doubt it.

Given this scenario, Boaz would not have had access to the cell phone. Others could have possibly placed the bag there on the the 29th or 30th, and for that matter, locals could have answered the phone or forced Boaz to answer the phone. If Boaz Johnson places that bag there, he would have take it with him to the upper kipuka, or decided to commit suicide in the kipuka near the bag.